Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2023 rumours thread - it's started already!

Both Ndidi and Castagne are in the final year of their contracts.

They are both on PL wages which we cannot afford.

They have both been shadows of their former selves for two years now. In both cases, they've been trying to leave the club for a long time.

I suspect that we have seen the best of both players.

In any case, neither player fits or suits the current style of play or formation.

Maybe they'll do well for their new sides but £15m for each is excellent business for us.

They have both been shadows of their former selves for two years now. In both cases, they've been trying to leave the club for a long time.

In any case, neither player fits or suits the current style of play or formation.

Maybe they'll do well for their new sides but £15m for each is excellent business for us.
Yep, totally agree.

I refuse to believe that we’re getting anything like that for Ndidi until it’s happened. I’ll be absolutely dumbfounded if Forest are willing to fork out more than a few million for him.

Totally agree. Sensible moves for all.

I refuse to believe that we’re getting anything like that for Ndidi until it’s happened. I’ll be absolutely dumbfounded if Forest are willing to fork out more than a few million for him.

This is Notts we're talking about. They have made some insane transfer decisions over the last year. Cooper is keeping a mess afloat there.

At the start of the summer, I said on here that a number of City players had been offered to Notts.

Ndidi and Iheanacho were two of them. Thomas was the other.

It wouldn't surprise me if they've found the piece of paper in a drawer somewhere and gone from there.

This is Notts we're talking about. They have made some insane transfer decisions over the last year. Cooper is keeping a mess afloat there.

At the start of the summer, I said on here that a number of City players had been offered to Notts.

Ndidi and Iheanacho were two of them. Thomas was the other.

It wouldn't surprise me if they've found the piece of paper in a drawer somewhere and gone from there.
Notts Forest are indeed a very silly club.

I agree but Timmy is not out of contract next year.

£15m for Castagne, at the stage we're in of this window too, is one helluva deal on our part.

Fair play.

Maybe Castagne being on the bench this weekend was less of a message to him, and more a message to potential buyers - if you won't pay the asking price, we'll just keep him.

From The Athletic…

“Turkey winger Yunus Akgun has been confirmed as Leicester City’s seventh signing of the summer and Sporting Lisbon winger Abdul Fatawu Issahaku is closing on becoming the eighth as Enzo Maresca’s squad rebuild nears its conclusion.”

Wow, there is a lot of speculation about today. Here is a summary of what seems to be the state of play.

Castagne to Fulham (perm £13m) and Kristiansen to Bologna (loan) are imminent announcements.

Abdul Fatawu appears close to joining on loan on a similar style deal to the Akgun one. I believe you can only name five loanees in a matchday squad and this would be number four so we would only have one more loan available.

Then we enter a maze of confusion.

- Ward and Iversen - not a word anywhere. Surely both need to go but I haven't read a thing that looks credible.

- Souttar linked with a loan to Rangers but nothing strong on it.

- Thomas being touted around and Leeds appear to be keen. Suggestion of a loan doesn't make sense though unless we extend his contract first. The same sort of thing we did with Choudhury but I would expect us to prefer a sale.

- Ndidi to Forest is widely speculated on. Looks possible for £15m.

- Soumare has been linked with a loan move to Seville for ages now. I guess it hasn't happened because the deal isn't a good one for us. In the absence of any other interest and with Soumare apparently only keen on Seville, you'd expect this to happen.

- Praet to Torino may not be dead. They have wanted him all summer but the offer hasn't been acceptable to us. Could be a last minute thing.

- Iheanacho to various clubs is being speculated. Wolves and Palace both linked today. I expect him to go if anyone is prepared to pay around £15m. It would be a sensible sale.

- Daka to Bournemouth has been reported widely but it seems like a piss poor deal for us either by being a loan or a low offer. Another one that may go to the wire.

Others I expected to see go but nothing is out there - Albrighton and Vestergaard.

Others that could be coming in include Harwood-Bellis from Man City (central defender), Ilias Chair from QPR (midfielder), Mama Balde from Troyes (striker),

Last edited:
Glad we have a striker in the mix in case Nacho does go.

Although no idea if he’s any good or what his style is. Just hope Enzo has an actual plan.

Selling Iheanacho might have made sense if we could have replaced him with Piroe.

But losing him now, considering he’s the main striker for Enzo ball, would be a travesty. We have to keep him.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663