Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2023 rumours thread - it's started already!

Or just give him some support instead of making up stupid insulting nicknames for him and deciding he's a failure before he's even managed a game, you ****wits.

Which nickname was insulting?

Which nickname was insulting?
I'm not sure 'fake Pep' is complimentary.

The insults thing doesn't really bother me to be fair, it's more the judgement of him and of his brand of football after a couple of games in a terribly planned pre-season tour.

I'm not sure 'fake Pep' is complimentary.

The insults thing doesn't really bother me to be fair, it's more the judgement of him and of his brand of football after a couple of games in a terribly planned pre-season tour.

It's far too early to judge him...I'm not even sure when we'll be able to judge him due to the absolute state he's taken charge of. He is here as we want a fake Pep though so it's fair enough IMO. Pep is a bit of a **** so I'd understand if he objected to the comparison.

Anyone know anything about him? Is he more of a winger or will he competing with Ndidi for the attacking central midfielder role?

Anyone know anything about him? Is he more of a winger or will he competing with Ndidi for the attacking central midfielder role?
Taken from Wiki

Rated as one of the most promising Italian talents of his generation, Casadei has been described as a well-rounded and modern midfielder, who excels both physically and technically.[3][6][7] He can play on both sides in a three, four or five-man midfield trio, but also as an attacking midfielder, or even in the holding role.[4][10] Mainly a right-footed player, he's still quite comfortable with his weaker foot, too.[7]

Taken from Wiki

Rated as one of the most promising Italian talents of his generation, Casadei has been described as a well-rounded and modern midfielder, who excels both physically and technically.[3][6][7] He can play on both sides in a three, four or five-man midfield trio, but also as an attacking midfielder, or even in the holding role.[4][10] Mainly a right-footed player, he's still quite comfortable with his weaker foot, too.[7]
So another utility player. Brilliant.

Just saw Chelsea have signed the 19yo midfielder they've been after.

It's been reported all summer we want this guy on loan, but previous reporting had said Chelsea weren't keen until they brought in more cover (for all of Chelsea's transfers in the last year, they actually had about 3 midfielders left on their books until now)

So hopefully that clears the way for this one now.

Yeah plus he has only just come back for the PL Summer Series in America so nothing was going to happen whilst he was over there.

I think we'll see a few more PL loans come in now/once the teams are back over here now.

If Villa are thinking of loaning Jaden Philogene again then we should be all over that, and a few of their other youngsters - I'd quite happily see any of the current strikers leave and us get Archer on loan for the season from Villa instead.

Still plenty of time for a lot more comings and goings.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463