Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2023 rumours thread - it's started already!

I see Chelsea have signed another 7 year deal on someone… just thank ****ing Christ we never did that with Daka.

I think it's been a successful window. Yes, Cannon would be the icing on the cake but the club and its management have done well this window.

I agree. If you measure success by dismantling a top half PL squad worth £100s millions inside 12 months and turning it into a Championship one.

Shite window in terms of getting duffers out

It's a weird one because we need to prepare for this season. But we also have to be careful not to lumber ourselves with too many Championship players who can't make the step up.

Doyle, Akgun, AFI, Casadei loan signings make a lot of sense. If we go up, and they're deemed good enough, we'll have a pretty good chance of signing them permanently.

For Coady and Winks, I think they can do a job in the Prem. IMO Mavididi might be able to also. Cannon - who knows right now.

We've massively lowered the wage bill. And for now have got rid of some dead wood. Next summer will be huge again, especially if we get promoted. We'll be building a Prem squad if it goes our way.

Pretty strong window I'd say. Now we gotta hope it gels and works on the pitch. We still have strongest squads in the league. It's our superior players and that bit of enhanced quality that will help us win matches.

On a side note, delighted that we've kept Wilf and Kelechi.

There are a few that went off on one against Rudkin based on us perhaps not getting Cannon over the line who look a bit silly now.
Thinks it’s been a successful window when you look at the turnover.
If we had offloaded two goalies, Souttar, an injured Praet and Daka then it would have been near perfect but that expecting the almost impossible.

We’ve had a very good transfer window. All of the signings make sense and we got rid of a number of players.

Some fans have got themselves in a position of only saying negative stuff about the club and they have to now stick to that, so they’ll find reason to say it was a shit window. But that’s just not true.

And yes, those who rushed at 11:01 to go off on Rudkin do look very silly.

Suppose the Daka move could have fallen through if he he did not want to take a pay cut for instance, rather than the fee agreed with the club?

Yeah I’ll admit that I was a bit ****ed off last night when the Daka move fell through. Hopefully we can get him a move to Turkey now, unless someone bids for Nacho that is.

Really glad we’ve got Cannon in, feels like a smart signing. Reminds me of Nuge, the way he accelerates and his finishing. The fact that Everton sold him says nothing about him, they’re a shambles.

I’d like to see Souttar integrated now, I’d hate for us to not at least try it seeing as we won’t have Doyle next season and Coady and Vestergaard aren’t long term solutions, especially if we do go up.

I’m surprised we haven’t used OHL to park Iversen or even Albrighton, unless he’s happy to just train and be a senior head around the squad.

I trust Maresca and hope he knows how to handle things when the inevitable wobble comes. For now though I think we’ve set ourselves up really well for the season.

Not bothered about Daka being around the squad. I don't rate him but he's an extra body and he could come in useful. We've been wrong about players before. You only have to look at Vestergaard and how he has become an integral part of our team.

So what exactly is the problem with Daka? He certainly has pace. I remember him saying he was learning a lot from Vardy, so he can make disruptive runs.
Does he have poor attitude around training or in the dressing room?
You cannot just say he is 'shite', because people have been saying that about Vestergaard for over a year, and he clearly is not!

So what exactly is the problem with Daka? He certainly has pace. I remember him saying he was learning a lot from Vardy, so he can make disruptive runs.
Does he have poor attitude around training or in the dressing room?
You cannot just say he is 'shite', because people have been saying that about Vestergaard for over a year, and he clearly is not!
A far as I'm concerned, everyone who played under Rodgers last season starts again with a clean slate. Bad performances in the last couple of years could be due to the way they were mismanaged.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463