Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2023 rumours thread - it's started already!

Rumours that we need to pay more once he plays another game and hits 75. Who knows if there’s any truth in this thought

I think we have had an exceptional transfer window.

We have removed most of the dead wood and bought in players in positions we have been crying out for for absolutely ****ing ages.

Okay, we couldn’t shift two or three but if you take it overall, LCFC has done very very well.

It is almost certain that our team and squad are the envy of virtually every other team in this division.

A far as I'm concerned, everyone who played under Rodgers last season starts again with a clean slate. Bad performances in the last couple of years could be due to the way they were mismanaged.

Definitely an element of truth in this - new system, new approach etc. plus they don’t have to listen to that clueless big nosed **** with his Gucci belt

Ndidi looks a different player so far

Window has been fine - you can’t get rid of players if nobody wants them, or the deal would see us lose millions of pounds because of that’a’ word

I mean, who the **** was ever going to take that hopeless twat Danny Ward off our hands. We can’t give the ****er away

Some fans have got themselves in a position of only saying negative stuff about the club and they have to now stick to that, so they’ll find reason to say it was a shit window.
Same could be said the other way.

It's a weird one because we need to prepare for this season. But we also have to be careful not to lumber ourselves with too many Championship players who can't make the step up.

Doyle, Akgun, AFI, Casadei loan signings make a lot of sense. If we go up, and they're deemed good enough, we'll have a pretty good chance of signing them permanently.

For Coady and Winks, I think they can do a job in the Prem. IMO Mavididi might be able to also. Cannon - who knows right now.

We've massively lowered the wage bill. And for now have got rid of some dead wood. Next summer will be huge again, especially if we get promoted. We'll be building a Prem squad if it goes our way.

Pretty strong window I'd say. Now we gotta hope it gels and works on the pitch. We still have strongest squads in the league. It's our superior players and that bit of enhanced quality that will help us win matches.

On a side note, delighted that we've kept Wilf and Kelechi.
It’s a brave man that says a winger might be prem standard after only playing about 4 games.

At this stage I have no idea why I get impassioned Daka support on my Facebook feed, but I love that I do. The tears of his fans sustain me…

IMG_1504.jpeg

At this stage I have no idea why I get impassioned Daka support on my Facebook feed, but I love that I do. The tears of his fans sustain me…

View attachment 18014
I've had some fun with this. I actually replied to one of them saying " mate, he's not actually all that good you know ? It's not as if we've imprisoned Messi & cut off his feet. Chill out a bit "

According to the replies I was a racist within 2 messages & pretty much the UK rep for the KKK after 5.

I'm also a holocaust denier apparently (despite never having mentioned the holocaust, jews or WW2 at any point)

I also voted for Trump, despite it being blindingly ****ing obvious that I'm from the UK.

Very enlightening. I learned so much about myself.

To be clear, none of these comments actually came from the bloke who originally made the post, all were from third parties.

I had a quick look at the profile of those people. A notable lack of Zambians.

All British, all white, all under 25.

I know it's not a nice thing to do but I sometimes wish some members of this ****ing silly generation would experience some genuine nastiness in their lives to give them some sense of ****ing perspective.

I've had some fun with this. I actually replied to one of them saying " mate, he's not actually all that good you know ? It's not as if we've imprisoned Messi & cut off his feet. Chill out a bit "

According to the replies I was a racist within 2 messages & pretty much the UK rep for the KKK after 5.

I'm also a holocaust denier apparently (despite never having mentioned the holocaust, jews or WW2 at any point)

I also voted for Trump.
Seems fair enough.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566