Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2018/19 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
found these 2 rumours today, both almost certainly complete horseshit

PSG and Juventus both want Wilfred NDidi but have been not not his window

Iheanacho will join a championship club on loan, most likely Leeds

found these 2 rumours today, both almost certainly complete horseshit

PSG and Juventus both want Wilfred NDidi but have been not not his window

Iheanacho will join a championship club on loan, most likely Leeds

Ha, they are feckin quality. :042:

Not that it is going to happen but would anyone take Danny Drinkwater back on loan?

Not that it is going to happen but would anyone take Danny Drinkwater back on loan?
Yes. Better than our back up options of Silva/Iborra/James/King.

Would just cramp Choudhury's development - he's performed well and is clearly one of our top three central midfielders, don't push him back - especially for someone who will need to rebuild match fitness, command a heavy salary loan fee, and might be living off passt glories

Would just cramp Choudhury's development - he's performed well and is clearly one of our top three central midfielders, don't push him back - especially for someone who will need to rebuild match fitness, command a heavy salary loan fee, and might be living off passt glories
So you are happy with Silva, Iborra, King and James as our changeable options?

No, I either want us to invest in seriously better, which is more likely to be a summer buy, or in the potential of youth, which is less likely to pay off immediately

So you are happy with Silva, Iborra, King and James as our changeable options?

They are all simply not good enough. Total and utter shite, in my opinion, but there you go

If, by some incredible Baby Jebus miracle, we manage to offload them it leaves us with three defensive midfielders. And that would be plain daft

So of course Drinkwater would be a useful addition in those circumstances , but he's not played for absolutely yonks, and there are undoubtedly better options out there than him (and don't ask me who, there just will be).

But I would be amazed of we brought in a central midfielder at all - no way we can shift all that dead wood out in this window

There are other footballers who aren't Drinkwater who are better than Silva and Andy King.

There may even be some that have actually played football in the last 12 months

Cairney, please.
How’s he been this season? I saw a bit of him last year he got some rave reviews. I don’t think I’ve seen Fulham play this season except against us and they were crap. I do like a left footer in the middle of the park for some reason.

Cairney looked good in the Championship but you don't hear a lot about him in the Prem. Claudio doesn't rate him by the looks of it. Doesn't start all of their games. Definate avoid from me. Also don't think I'd have Drinkwater back. Not least because they'd want to recoup a sizeable chunk of that fee they paid for him. He's not worth £20m let alone £30m.

Chelsea were asking for £11m for a season loan in the Summer. This seems ludicrous until you realise that it only just about covers his salary costs.

Given his ongoing injury issues which have blighted him for 2 years, and his problematic attitude at times, only desperate clubs will be interested.

We're not desperate. Signing him would be insane.

He was good when the going was good, when the going got tough, he didn't!
I'd like to think that any new signings would be to improve the 1st team, not just the squad.
Imo, he wouldn't improve either.

There are other footballers who aren't Drinkwater who are better than Silva and Andy King.

There may even be some that have actually played football in the last 12 months
I agree. The question was about Drinkwater however. Given that there is pretty much no chance of anyone significantly better coming in this January, he'd be a great addition.

Chelsea were asking for £11m for a season loan in the Summer. This seems ludicrous until you realise that it only just about covers his salary costs.

Given his ongoing injury issues which have blighted him for 2 years, and his problematic attitude at times, only desperate clubs will be interested.

We're not desperate. Signing him would be insane.
This is the problematic attitude that you made up, yes? Look, there are better players out there that would kill for a move to us and in the summer we should be looking to invest heavily in the squad but for now, the thought of Silva, Iborra and James as the only back up to our midfield is painful. Drinkwater would be better than all of these and I think he would relish the chance to be playing first team PL football again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363