Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2018/19 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the problematic attitude that you made up, yes? Look, there are better players out there that would kill for a move to us and in the summer we should be looking to invest heavily in the squad but for now, the thought of Silva, Iborra and James as the only back up to our midfield is painful. Drinkwater would be better than all of these and I think he would relish the chance to be playing first team PL football again.
would he, he knowing moved to chelsea to take the money knowing full well he would rarely play, by the way he forced that move through when injured in the last hour of the transfer window, go for someone like Joe Allen if Danny Drinkwater hadn't previously been here no one would want him

would he, he knowing moved to chelsea to take the money knowing full well he would rarely play, by the way he forced that move through when injured in the last hour of the transfer window, go for someone like Joe Allen if Danny Drinkwater hadn't previously been here no one would want him
I couldn't care less that he moved for the money. That's his prerogative and I absolutely understand it - why this has anything to do with whether or not he is better than what we have (and he is) I am not sure . I'm am however, pretty sure he was thinking he would get more game time than he has. No player expects to be shut out in the way that he has been. As for the argument about whether we'd want him if he hadn't been here, well, that's irrelevant. He has been here and therefore we have seen what he is capable of and how well he can link up with Vardy - something we have been missing all season.

They need a left back, as Mendy is injured too much. The rumour makes perfect sense.

I would take Drinkwater back in a heartbeat. Reduced wages obvs. Ship Silva out and use the balance as part of the funding for a striker.

Am I the only person who would like to see Silva given a real run in the first team? I know that he hasn't looked spectacular, to date, but sometimes players take a while. I was convinced that Ricardo would never be a wingback and had given up on Ben Chilwell too.
Silva was great for Portugal in the world Cup, one of their best players and with the creative touch we are missing. I just cannot understand why he has been frozen out. Why did we spend £25m and go to all the effort of appeals to get him in just to have him sit around on his arse?

Silva was great for Portugal in the world Cup, one of their best players and with the creative touch we are missing. I just cannot understand why he has been frozen out. Why did we spend £25m and go to all the effort of appeals to get him in just to have him sit around on his arse?
He made 2 appearances playing a total of 150 odd minutes none of which were that great. Are you sure you weren't watching Bernardo Silva by mistake?

Plus, have you seen him play for us? He hasn't been 'frozen out', he has made himself unselectable because of how dreadful he has been every single chance he has been given. We can't play with ten men.

He made 2 appearances playing a total of 150 odd minutes none of which were that great. Are you sure you weren't watching Bernardo Silva by mistake?

Plus, have you seen him play for us? He hasn't been 'frozen out', he has made himself unselectable because of how dreadful he has been every single chance he has been given. We can't play with ten men.

Playing central midfield in the Premier League is a role that takes time to get to grips with.

We are already playing with 1 player there as Wilfred hasn't turned up all season.

A player cannot be written off in the position through playing 20 minutes every month.

Playing central midfield in the Premier League is a role that takes time to get to grips with.

We are already playing with 1 player there as Wilfred hasn't turned up all season.

A player cannot be written off in the position through playing 20 minutes every month.
And why is it do you think successive managers have chosen not to include him in match day squads, never mind the first team? Do you think it is because he shines in training? Choudhury was given a chance and he took it as did Maddison when he was introduced. Silva has had ample opportunity to show at least flashes of his capabilities. He either hasn't shown them or he has none to speak of.

Not successive managers, just Puel. Shakespeare didn't have a choice.
Yep. Just realised that! Still, he doesn't make the squad enough to suggest he is doing anything that is good enough in training. Or on the pitch whenever we have seen him for that matter.

He's totally meh. Gets decent passing stats but I'd be surprised if any are more than 2 yards or forwards.

We could get Drinkwater back and play him and Silva to link up play with the central defenders.

Apparently Liverpool are going to send Solanke out on loan, is he any good?
I like the look of him every time I see him play, would take him on loan, already has a good understanding with Gray and Maddison from England U21s too

Looks like Callum Elder will be heading out on loan to Ipswich.

Yep. Just realised that! Still, he doesn't make the squad enough to suggest he is doing anything that is good enough in training. Or on the pitch whenever we have seen him for that matter.

Or the manager is a useless **** who doesn't like him?

Or the manager is a useless **** who doesn't like him?
All the evidence we have seen so far points to him being a bit shit. No, a lot shit. He's been the poorest player on the pitch pretty much every opportunity he's been given. All this guff about needing time and settling in blah blah blah is simply nonsense. He's had time and opportunity to show his strengths and even against some incredibly weak opposition he has disappointed time and time again. We don't have the luxury of enough time to allow us to throw him into the mix and watch the ship sink for a while in the slim hope that he will find some form, instead we should be concentrating on allowing Choudhury, a player who has taken his chances, to blossom. Silva is a dud. At least in Iborra we have seen the odd game where there are flashes of ability, even though he isn't good enough either but with Silva we have seen the sqare root of **** all to suggest he is even close to being half decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566