Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2018/19 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would bring Barnes back and drop Gray. He's been rubbish for two season now. No end product at all

Not a bad shout but rather than help develop a player for another club I would prefer us to recall Barnes and give him the rest of the season to show what he is capable of producing and gaining valuable experience in preparation for next season, it would also give Gray much needed competition and kick up the arse to reach the next level.

Barnes is more of a Maddison type player I believe.

I’d certainly recall Barnes now and see how he does in January. He can always go back on loan at the end of the month

Really hope we sign either another attacker or wide midfielder.

Ghezzal and Diabate are both terrible. Gray consistently doesn't deliver. Nacho isn't performing. Okazaki is no more than a bit part player now.

It leaves us with only Vardy, Maddison and Albrighton as good attacking players.

I genuinely think if we could get another good attacking player to fit into the system it would make a huge difference over the second half of the season.

Lallana would actually be good because he can play either in the middle or wide.

Scooooooooooop.
were you born a moron or did you have to take special lessons?

I was replying to someone that said he wants us to sign a winger, also if you look in the other thread where this was talked about I mentioned it first in there, but regardless stop being such a miserable prick all the time

were you born a moron or did you have to take special lessons?
Hahahahaha that’s hilariously ironic coming from you.

Get over yourself and stop being so aggressive.

Recalling Harvey Barnes would be a great idea. Theoretically it would be better to leave him to get a little more experience under his belt before coming back. However, when you have the equivalent of a £20m player on your books and are having to rely on Ghezzal, playing a right back out of position and playing Maddison on the left for some games then you have to recall Barnes.
I think Benkovic should be allowed to do his full season at Celtic as we have more cover at centre half.
I still think we should be in the market for a quality striker. I would go for Llorente or someone of a similar ilk who can link play and hold the ball well (but isn't as slow as a post).

How things seem to be panning out now, recalling Harvey would make sense, as Madders could move in behind JV.
Recent matches have shown the squad limitations, but having said that, as our status is pretty much preserved, give others a run in the team, to see if they can come up to scratch.

Gray, Diabate and Chezzal, along with Iheanacho aren’t cutting the mustard for me but I’m willing to give Gray a little more grace but at the moment - none of these should be starters in any games bar the FA Cup.

Subs, yes to get game time but not in place of players who are clearly better such as Choudhury, Maddison, Simpson and so on.

Iborra and Silva I believe still need time to adapt and above all game time to get used to the ‘hustle and bustle ‘ of the premier.

Okazaki is unfortunately a spent force for us.

So to me the priority in terms of purchase is a stand in striker for Vardy. Unfortunately good replacement strikers are akin to rocking horse shot so I won’t hold my breath.

Fortunately/unfortunately *** Puel has earned the rest of the season at least***

*feel free to edit depending on which camp you are in***

Can Barnes play right-back?

I think have any other mildly competent attacking option is great. Him not costing us a penny and being an academy product is even better.

Rightly or wrongly he’ll immediately be given more rope than the likes of Iheanacho or Ghezzal for those reasons. Look at how far Chilwell has come simply by being chucked in at the deep end.

Everyone keeps saying we need a striker but I don't agree. Iheanacho is our back up striker and he's capable of being excellent. It's just that he's been played out of position, treated erratically, and his confidence is shot. He's young though and he is a very good, instinctive finisher when treated right. We should stick by him in my opinion.

The issue is behind the striker. We're playing two defensive midfielders which means that we might as well sell Iborra and Silva. Neither have a chance of making it. Choudhury is a perfectly good third choice and we have James (yes I know) and King too. So, I'm not sure we need to add there either.

We certainly don't need to add in goal or defensively.

So it's all about those positions behind the striker. Maddison and Albrighton are our only capable options. Gray, Okazaki, Diabate and Ghezzal are all not good enough or not the right sort of player for the system. We'd lose nothing if they all left.

Recalling Barnes is a start but we need more. I'd be all out for a creative player of genuine talent.

We are basically safe for all intents and purposes. There is nothing to lose in bringing back Barnes and playing him.

I would personally loan out Gazelle and Diabetes and try to get a new wide man. If Gazelle and Diabetes can’t cut it in the championship they should be binned at the end of the season.

We also very ****ing obviously need a striker. Someone with some threat in the air would be nice.

If we get a striker in I’d loan out Nacho to a championship club too. Might be a different animal with some confidence restored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566