Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2018/19 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weve long since past the point where we can criticise Andy King for seeking football at Forest.
Quite right. It's very clear that King's time is up here, and I only wish him the very best for wherever he goes from here. Securing us a local derby for next season would only be a further great sevice for the club.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't blame Andy King for going to Forest to get some playing time. Not should we stand in his way.

But I don't want to see him leave and I definitely don't want to see him playing for Forest, so I'm hoping he stays or finds a different club.

Quite right. It's very clear that King's time is up here, and I only wish him the very best for wherever he goes from here. Securing us a local derby for next season would only be a further great sevice for the club.
Only if he takes us down :043:

Silva hasn't been much good but no worse than most of our other midfielders. Choudhury aside. I'd like to see him given another chance. See if he can help add some creativity in that midfield tho' I think our best bet for that would be dropping Maddison deeper, back into midfield. No qualms from me about King joining Forest on loan...

The way Puel has treated King is one of the most obvious reasons why he hasn't endeared himself to the club.

When King didn't get a move in the summer, he should have been included in the 25 man squad and made part of the first team. Instead, he was discarded from the squad and left to train with the U23s. I don't mind a manager treating players like that if they deserve it - Benaloune for example - but there is no way that King should have been treated that way given his contribution to the club and stature with players, staff and supporters. It was rank poor management.

I'd much rather see the back of Silva and James than King. In all honesty, none of them are good enough for our first team, but if we want a back up central midfielder to bring on to steady a game or do a job, give me King over the other two every time.

When King didn't get a move in the summer, he should have been included in the 25 man squad and made part of the first team. Instead, he was discarded from the squad and left to train with the U23s. .... but there is no way that King should have been treated that way given his contribution to the club and stature with players, staff and supporters. It was rank poor management.
100%

The way Puel has treated King is one of the most obvious reasons why he hasn't endeared himself to the club.

When King didn't get a move in the summer, he should have been included in the 25 man squad and made part of the first team. Instead, he was discarded from the squad and left to train with the U23s. I don't mind a manager treating players like that if they deserve it - Benaloune for example - but there is no way that King should have been treated that way given his contribution to the club and stature with players, staff and supporters. It was rank poor management.

I'd much rather see the back of Silva and James than King. In all honesty, none of them are good enough for our first team, but if we want a back up central midfielder to bring on to steady a game or do a job, give me King over the other two every time.
Why would Benny have deserved it? I never had any questions about his attitude or application, just his ability. As with King, the ability just isn't there for what we're need in the EPL. I do think that there's a risk of putting King in the 25 out of sentimental reasons, which would have been just as bizarre a decision and as much a waste of a squad space as giving a space to James when he was coming back from serious injury.

Why would Benny have deserved it? I never had any questions about his attitude or application, just his ability. As with King, the ability just isn't there for what we're need in the EPL. I do think that there's a risk of putting King in the 25 out of sentimental reasons, which would have been just as bizarre a decision and as much a waste of a squad space as giving a space to James when he was coming back from serious injury.

100%

Is ‘’100%’’ the new ‘’this’’?

50%.

I've long since concluded that the supposed competition for the 25th place was between King and Silva, not Matty James, who crocked or not, Puel (as did Shakey and NP) rate - as do I.

Though I wish Kingy nothing but well, even to the extent of him turning out for Forest, he more or less said his goodbyes this time last year, was expecting his move to Swansea to become permanent, only for their relegation to put paid to that. Taking a wage cut, finding another (presumably Championship club), or mutual cancelling of his no doubt lucrative contract, all seemed up for negotiation over the summer - if so, I'm not how any of these not happening is down to the club's "rank poor management".

Hope he gets his move anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570