Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2018/19 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect his physicality isn't good enough for the English league. He seems to have good skill on the ball and you can see he can pick a pass ocassionally but his real weakness is that he gets robbed so easily and that would tally with what has been said above about being used to having more time on the ball. Ndidi is the same though, where you're just screaming wake the **** up at him when he gets dispossessed.. without Choudhury in it our midfield really lacks energy, it's nice to see someone do a bit of closing down and 'hunting down' tackles. Almost like having Kante's understudy in the side.. and the job I expected Wilf would be, but isn't doing. IMO Ndidi has actually regressed since Puel came in. As far as Silva goes he has probably been treated a bit unfairly and not been given a fair crack. He's hardly set the world alight but certainly no worse than many of the other guys we've had in midfield since his arrival.

Like a lot of playmakers from Spain & Portugal he is used to having more time on the ball to pick his pass, he needs to make that adjustment, if he does make it he would get the ball to the likes of Maddison in more dangerous positions

I get that. I just struggle to understand why realising a 2 yard sideways pass isn't a defence splitting here is too difficult for him. He's the prefect Puel player if he doesn't change.

I get that. I just struggle to understand why realising a 2 yard sideways pass isn't a defence splitting here is too difficult for him. He's the prefect Puel player if he doesn't change.
Think the 2 yard pass is more of a panic thing from him

Tielemans was one of Belgium's stand out players in the world cup IMO.

Here’s my take on Silva.

He has opportunities but he has been shit every time.

However, Mendy and Ndidi have both had about five games in a row where they have played like utter ****s. Literally, a steaming pile of shit with flies buzzing round.

Therefore, I think we couldn’t do any worse than to give Silva another go alongside Choudhury. Literally one last chance.

This does demonstrate how poor our options are in central midfield. I expressed this concern at the start of the season, that we were overloaded in central midfield, but overloaded with below par players.

Silva is a failure of a signing. He's not youngster with the ability to adapt. He's a seasoned pro that has shown himself to be completely incapable of handling the pace of the Premier League. He needs to be in a passy-passy-loads-a-timey side. Although Puel would like us to be that, the league we're in prevents it.

Sell ASAP.

Potugese international, shit player!!!!!
Some people's version of shit, is a little bit different to mine!.

Well they're judging him on what they've actually seen with their own eyes at this Club, rather than what he might have done before elsewhere

I'd assume we're just saying he's in our plans because, as the article says, we've had no offers yet but there's no interest.

Saying in the press we have no intention of playing him and would accept any offer above a packet of Skips wouldn't be the best for negotiations, or his attitude towards the club if he is needed.

Charlie Austin? Really?

If he's not good enough for Southampton then I don't see why we'd want
He’d do a job for the occasions that we need a goal and end up flinging endless crosses into the box but given his age, wages and injury record you’d have to say no thanks.

He’d do a job for the occasions that we need a goal and end up flinging endless crosses into the box but given his age, wages and injury record you’d have to say no thanks.

He’s only 29, so wouldn’t say he’s too old. I don’t know much about his injury record. But if we’re looking for an additional striker who might be willing to play second fiddle to Vards but also who has played reasonably at this level then, depending on the price, he could be worth having in the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566