Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2018/19 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlie Austin? Really?

If he's not good enough for Southampton then I don't see why we'd want

I feel like some opposition defences that we struggle against at the moment (e.g. Cardiff) only have one main focus - stop the through ball to Vardy. Their centre backs clean up every bloody cross. Having someone like Austin would give them a hell of a lot more to think about.

The fact that he'd be ****ing miles better than any other 2nd choice striker at club says a lot.

And that's including when he's injured

We once signed a 'has been' called Tony Cottee.

he impressed on trial, won't cost a lot either so a perfect gamble of a signing really even if he doesn't break through here we can sell for a profit later

I thought that this was absurd when I first heard the rumour. Now though, I'm not so sure.

When Jardim was at Monaco before, he wasn't very happy with Tielemans. So, it wouldn't be a surprise to see him want him out now he's gone back.

The rumour at the moment (reported in France) is that the talks are over an exchange with Silva (who was Jardim's player at Sporting Lisbon). Again, that would make some sense.

Tielemans is a proper wonderkid. Exceptionally talented but quite possibly has disappeared up his own reputation. His attitude is under question. However, his talent is undoubted. There is no way we'd be a possible option for him unless his stock had recently dropped sharply.

21 though, seasoned pro in the Belgium squad and in Champions League games. Capable of being a superstar. Could be a shambles too mind. Plenty of wonderkids turn to shit.

However, a swap for Silva is not a great risk. We're hardly getting anything from him at the moment.

I thought that this was absurd when I first heard the rumour. Now though, I'm not so sure.

When Jardim was at Monaco before, he wasn't very happy with Tielemans. So, it wouldn't be a surprise to see him want him out now he's gone back.

The rumour at the moment (reported in France) is that the talks are over an exchange with Silva (who was Jardim's player at Sporting Lisbon). Again, that would make some sense.

Tielemans is a proper wonderkid. Exceptionally talented but quite possibly has disappeared up his own reputation. His attitude is under question. However, his talent is undoubted. There is no way we'd be a possible option for him unless his stock had recently dropped sharply.

21 though, seasoned pro in the Belgium squad and in Champions League games. Capable of being a superstar. Could be a shambles too mind. Plenty of wonderkids turn to shit.

However, a swap for Silva is not a great risk. We're hardly getting anything from him at the moment.
I did think that, given his age, relative experience and undoubted talent, the price quoted in that article seemed on the low side. It doesn’t really add up, but, hey that’s what the rumours thread is for, I guess.

this is the only way we are likely to get someone like a Tielemans unless we are lucky enough to have one come through, and I think everyone would be in favour of some sort of swap deal

John Percy ‏Verified account @JPercyTelegraph 2 hours ago

Re: #lcfc and Monaco midfielder Youri Tielemans. Understand the prospect of signing him permanently is remote at this stage - a possible deal is a "loan swap" with Adrien Silva going to Monaco

A young player with lots of potential. Just like Demarai Gray.

except Tielemans has delivered substantially more than Demarai Gray. This would be a real coup for us, not so much on loan - seeings as we've already blown our chances of any silverware in the cups or European football but it'd be nice to see someone with some skills in the middle again.

A young player with lots of potential. Just like Demarai Gray.

You mean the player that was a key part of winning his domestic title twice, winning the country's young player of the year twice, and full player of the year once, and the player who was key part of the Belgium World Cup squad, and once widely touted as the next big thing across Europe (albeit he's struggled badly this year - but who hasn't under the hopeless Thierry Henry) ?

That player ?

Yes, just like Demarai Gray....

You mean the player that was a key part of winning his domestic title twice, winning the country's young player of the year twice, and full player of the year once, and the player who was key part of the Belgium World Cup squad, and once widely touted as the next big thing across Europe (albeit he's struggled badly this year - but who hasn't under the hopeless Thierry Henry) ?

That player ?

Forget all that. Has he played in the Champions League quarter finals?

That player ?

I wondered if anyone would nibble.

I wondered if anyone would nibble.

As his two dead rubber starts in the WC Finals were against an England team routinely trashed on here, "key part" (compared to say Krammy's contributions to a team that actually got through to the final) seems like an over-egged waffle to me.

Still, would love to see him warming the subs bench til the end of the season.

The Monaco fans seem to despise him as being a lazy arsed self opinionated twat

So he should fit in extremely well, here
Just like Demarai then. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573