Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2020/21 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is this forward minded midfielder we're in for then?

BR suggesting a loan/transfer is possible over the weekend. He wants someone who is more forward minded, and will then let Choudhury to move to Newcastle.

Could it be McGregor from Celtic?

Would be a good time for him to get who he wants from them.

Can't imagine anyone remotely decent would want to stay there.

Who is this forward minded midfielder we're in for then?

BR suggesting a loan/transfer is possible over the weekend. He wants someone who is more forward minded, and will then let Choudhury to move to Newcastle.

Could it be McGregor from Celtic?
Yes. It could be anyone

Why are we signing more attacking midfielders?

We've got 1 striker in the entire club, including youth levels.

This is harsh, Will Hughes was class in the championship. I remember going to a game in 2013 I think and he ran the midfield effortlessly. Considering he was doing his A levels at the same time, I think the hype was justified enough.
I'm not saying he wasn't just I never saw him have a good game to match the hype

Not sure Cantwell would even make our bench based on last season. Has he improved drastically enough?

we wanted McGregor when we got Praet, couldn't get McGregor so we settled on Dennis Praet
Is this fact or pure speculation? Has someone form inside Leicester City confirmed this to you?

Why are we signing more attacking midfielders?

We've got 1 striker in the entire club, including youth levels.
We need to. Yes, a striker is priority but we have no attacking reserve options in central midfield if we lose Maddison. Mendy and Praet are not creative enough and Choudhury is next to ****ing useless.

really? we have 2 attacking options an entire back 4 and usually 2 DMs, I think we could find room for a 3 attacking player

In terms of quality, yeah. If we're that desperate for sticking just any attacking midfielder in we should have seen Gray on the bench.

We need to. Yes, a striker is priority but we have no attacking reserve options in central midfield if we lose Maddison. Mendy and Praet are not creative enough and Choudhury is next to ****ing useless.

I'd prefer we sign a striker and use Perez as the backup 10 if needed, rather than sign a backup attacking mid and using Perez as a backup striker.

I imagine the thinking is that an attacking mid provides more cover in other areas though, whereas a striker would only be backup to Vardy.

I'd prefer we sign a striker and use Perez as the backup 10 if needed, rather than sign a backup attacking mid and using Perez as a backup striker.

I imagine the thinking is that an attacking mid provides more cover in other areas though, whereas a striker would only be backup to Vardy.
As a matter of preference, I agree. We do need both though.

I imagine the thinking is also probably that nobody is going to sell a striker who is good enough and also be prepared to play backup, in January, for a value we are prepared to pay, if such a player exists at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4595
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566