Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2020/21 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine the thinking is also probably that nobody is going to sell a striker who is good enough and also be prepared to play backup, in January, for a value we are prepared to pay, if such a player exists at all.
that's why you need to find one that can play on the wing as well so he gets games there too

Like that Gray fella?

Seriously though, I think Dzeko would be a great addition. Obviously not a direct Vardy replacement but great goal scoring record wherever he's been, plenty of league winning and European experience and would add a dimension we are seriously lacking in an aerial threat.

He could be like our Giroud.

Gerrimin til end of t'season.

like Josh King, plays wide as much as he plays a striker, think he may be out of contract in the summer?

Bournemouth would certainly sell anyway their finances are a mess

like Josh King, plays wide as much as he plays a striker, think he may be out of contract in the summer?

Bournemouth would certainly sell anyway their finances are a mess
The problem being he's not good enough. He'd just be another waste of money.

When does the transfer window shut?

Do we have a rollover to Monday as it is month end tomorrow?

The problem being he's not good enough. He'd just be another waste of money.
I think he's done well at PL level, would be a good squad player for us at least and that's what we are talking about here, until Vardy retires we are never going to be looking for a top striker as they simply won't play

I think he's done well at PL level, would be a good squad player for us at least and that's what we are talking about here, until Vardy retires we are never going to be looking for a top striker as they simply won't play
He's only scored more than 10 in a season twice in 5 premier League seasons, starting over 30 matches in each (29 last season).

Plus, if rumours are true, he's demanding something stupid like 150k a week.

He's only scored more than 10 in a season twice in 5 premier League seasons, starting over 30 matches in each (29 last season).

Plus, if rumours are true, he's demanding something stupid like 150k a week.
for those wages yeah he can get ****ed but that's the sort of player you're looking at or someone at the end of their career like a Defoe/Super Kev type happy to be a sub.

I'd like us to sign Memphis Depay, plays wide mainly but also as a striker and scores lost of goals at Marseille, another with not long left on his contract IIRC and he'd be a starter on the wing

for those wages yeah he can get ****ed but that's the sort of player you're looking at or someone at the end of their career like a Defoe/Super Kev type happy to be a sub.

I'd like us to sign Memphis Depay, plays wide mainly but also as a striker and scores lost of goals at Marseille, another with not long left on his contract IIRC and he'd be a starter on the wing
I’m not sure Depay would work. He had a lot of tamper-tantrums at Man Utd didn’t he?

He’s at Lyon and heavily linked with a move to Barcelona (contract out at the end of the season), so I’m not sure that’s even worth considering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566