Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2020/21 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chalobah??

Isn't he a holding midfield player and a bit of a shit one too that struggles to get in to the Watford team?

Unless it would be as third choice behind Wilf and Mendy with concerns over Wilfs hamstring although if that was the case, I'd just stick with Hamza.

Very strange and AMN would be a bit meh but would give us another option out wide.

Not sure if we would be the best move for him though as at times he does look decent, but seems like he needs regular game time and can't see that with us.

My Arsenal supporting acquaintance rates him quite highly

At a push Amartey could play holding midfielder too, so we already have four players who can slot in there. Even if Choudhury goes I think the money would be better spent elsewhere.

Mainland Niles is a good player with something to prove. Why Arsenal would let him go to a 'rival' is beyond me.

Jeez, way to talk us down!

Arsenal..... Rival??......

Hahahahahaha!

Well, I guess we did panic sign Ryan Bennett last January so anything goes.

Chalobah has an injury record like Matty James. His knee is fecked which is mainly why he's never fulfilled his potential. Maitland-Niles is another one of those players that has a reputation based on who he plays for rather than anything he's actually done.

It does appear that we're just looking for a body on loan to cover letting Choudhury go out and whilst Praet is injured. Fair enough I suppose. Like with Bennett, as long as we don't actually buy them, having a bench option is fair if BR wants it.

Went to a club last night and pulled an absolute stunner. Woke up this morning and rolled over. My god I was wrong. What an absolute honker.

Mainland-Niles would make sense and fit our profile. Not sure why Arsenal would let him come and serve backup for us though. He’d play more for them.

Chalobah would be a strange one. He was a talent, but injuries have slowed him down. Perhaps the club want to have a look at that and see if he is salvageable. Dunno.

Worth noting that Rodgers was youth and reserve team manager when Chalobah was going through the ranks at Chelsea. Possible he just rates the lad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669