Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2021/22 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I’m being over dramatic, but I’m struggling to see any positives at the minute. We’re definitely a club in decline.
Jesus ****ing christ, are you being serious?
Of the 20 clubs in the premier league most managers and players would probably put us, what, about 7/8th in order of preference to play for?
Shitting the bed doesn’t cover it. We’re not challenging much for top 4 but we’re not nosediving like Everton, and we’ve got far more players injured than them!

Jesus ****ing christ, are you being serious?
Of the 20 clubs in the premier league most managers and players would probably put us, what, about 7/8th in order of preference to play for?
Shitting the bed doesn’t cover it. We’re not challenging much for top 4 but we’re not nosediving like Everton, and we’ve got far more players injured than them!
It's the massive transition that is due to take place that creates the feeling of dread imo.

Instead of all this gloom and doom about our current position, how about looking at things from the reverse perspective? Isn't it AMAZING that, with all the injuries that we've suffered, we are in the top half of the table? Isn't it great that so many youngsters have had a chance to prove themselves and won't that put us in a strong position next season when we, hopefully, have less players out.

Not many seasons ago, we would have struggled with a couple of long term injuries now, we're handling six.

It's the massive transition that is due to take place that creates the feeling of dread imo.
I think we have a senior leadership structure that won’t **** it up quite as badly. A little more belief in the owner that picked out a manager that won the FA cup wouldn’t go amiss you know.

Also the same owners that Ranieri flourished under. Recent events suggest we can usually get the best from the resources we have at that level.

I think we have a senior leadership structure that won’t **** it up quite as badly. A little more belief in the owner that picked out a manager that won the FA cup wouldn’t go amiss you know.

Also the same owners that Ranieri flourished under. Recent events suggest we can usually get the best from the resources we have at that level.
I'm sorry but there are differences. The main man isn't here anymore, I fear Top doesn't have the same directness to his actions and would let things drag on a bit longer.

Also, King Power are having to focus very carefully on their core business and this will undoubtedly take attention away from the football club. This means sanctioning of spending is likely to be withdrawn for a period IMO.

It doesn't take long for a club to lose it's momentum and as soon as it does then we become a much less attractive proposition for players and managers as a club.

Not saying it's all written but I personally can see a situation where we squander the progress made, maybe down to external pressures as much as anything.

I'm sorry but there are differences. The main man isn't here anymore, I fear Top doesn't have the same directness to his actions and would let things drag on a bit longer.

Also, King Power are having to focus very carefully on their core business and this will undoubtedly take attention away from the football club. This means sanctioning of spending is likely to be withdrawn for a period IMO.

It doesn't take long for a club to lose it's momentum and as soon as it does then we become a much less attractive proposition for players and managers as a club.

Not saying it's all written but I personally can see a situation where we squander the progress made, maybe down to external pressures as much as anything.

I think my main concern for our future is the cost of the stadium development. I've no idea how much it's expected to cost but it will be £200m at least.

Where is the money coming from? We're already heavily in debt and KP are not as wealthy as they once were.

I think my main concern for our future is the cost of the stadium development. I've no idea how much it's expected to cost but it will be £200m at least.

Where is the money coming from? We're already heavily in debt and KP are not as wealthy as they once were.
I personally think the expansion is an extremely risky and therefore unwise move.

I personally think the expansion is an extremely risky and therefore unwise move.

Unfortunately it's one of those things that is needed to kick us on to the next level but we could have done with it to coincide with the last few years.

We will have the infrastructure off the pitch but not the team on it imo.

The KP business model is one that is easily sustainable when travel picks up. They have had a torrid 3 years but with travel resuming in all but a few nations and holidays becoming 'the norm' once more, profits will rise rapidly.

So much panic for very little reason.

The KP business model is one that is easily sustainable when travel picks up. They have had a torrid 3 years but with travel resuming in all but a few nations and holidays becoming 'the norm' once more, profits will rise rapidly.

So much panic for very little reason.

Is it? If the new Thai government come in one day and say we don't like this monopoly and we think it might have been awarded corruptly, then what business does KP have?

Is it? If the new Thai government come in one day and say we don't like this monopoly and we think it might have been awarded corruptly, then what business does KP have?
I expect they have fingers in many pies.

Well, No. 1, that is incredibly unlikely, even implausible, No.2, they will have many fingers in many pies and No.3 see no.1 and no.2.

All these what ifs, maybes and probablys are ****ing ludicrous. I haven't seen anything to suggest that KP as a company are in any financial trouble or that they are looking to put the club on the back burner. Players will come and go as they always have but replacements will come in. Some will work, some won't but there will be further investment to make sure we are competing on some level in the top league and for silverware.

Just enjoy the ride.

Isn't the club essentially self funded anyway? As in King Power don't make a cash injection to LCFC like other clubs owners do and ours have always been loans against the club??

Therefore, whilst it is obviously a concern for the KP Group as a whole with the vast decline in travel and duty free sales, it shouldn't really effect us as a club or our plans?

We spent fairly well the past 2 summers so it doesn't appear to have effected us much and historically, we don't do much business in January and certainly not any big business.

More of a concern should be our wage to turnover ratio as the last figures I seen, our ratio was far higher than any other PL club and in the long term, is not sustainable imo.

That was pre FBS though so that has probably balanced things a bit better but still should be a concern.

Well, No. 1, that is incredibly unlikely, even implausible, No.2, they will have many fingers in many pies and No.3 see no.1 and no.2.

All these what ifs, maybes and probablys are ****ing ludicrous. I haven't seen anything to suggest that KP as a company are in any financial trouble or that they are looking to put the club on the back burner. Players will come and go as they always have but replacements will come in. Some will work, some won't but there will be further investment to make sure we are competing on some level in the top league and for silverware.

Just enjoy the ride.
Don't rule it out. The Thai king is very unpopular at the moment and mostly lives in Germany in what seems to be quite an odd arrangement.

They quite frequently have governments being ousted by the military and it was only 2010 when the military was firing on its own people in the red shirts movement.

So I wouldn't exactly say it's implausible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566