Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2021/22 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly true.

This season isn't likely to result in a fantastic finish of a trophy win or top 4 spot, so can see the logic in not wanting to go and spend overinflated fees in January - particularly when it's often harder to get first choice targets midway through the season.

We're good enough to finish around the middle of the league and possibly secure a Europa League spot (either through league or a cup) with what we've got*, so can see why we wouldn't go and spend another £10-20m on someone who might not make that much difference in the grand scheme of things.

That signing could make the difference between qualifying for EL and not though so would've been good to have someone in, but maybe shows the value of that to the club.
Isn’t the prize for winning even the Europe League about 4m? Seem to remember someone saying it was properly shit

Isn’t the prize for winning even the Europe League about 4m? Seem to remember someone saying it was properly shit
It is effectively a lot more though as it secures qualification to the Champions League and therefore huge additional revenue from that.

Amartey will come back and reconsign Vestegaard to the ressies.
It won't stop Soyuncu playing like a mental frog in a blender, with the composure of a 12 year old at a BTS gig.
We will need to play Justin Amartey Soyuncu Thomas until we have a bette set of options - but i'm way happier with that as a line up than what we've had out of late. No offense to Choudhury who i have slagged to high heaven but looked like Beckenbauer compared to Vestegaard and Soyuncu last night.
id still say we need at least 1 defender in the window though.

I think I'd rather see Wayne Brown out of retirement and playing for us ahead of Vestergaard.

One man can make a difference (as knightrider reminded us). Remember when we signed Huth in Jan on loan to the end of the season. We could do with one of them please.

I honestly would rather have Wes back. It sounds ludicrous, but if we cannot sign anyone, and he still has some fitness, bring him back into the fold, even if for ****ing positioning work in training. Or just for ****ing motivation and a calm head,

I honestly would rather have Wes back. It sounds ludicrous, but if we cannot sign anyone, and he still has some fitness, bring him back into the fold, even if for ****ing positioning work in training. Or just for ****ing motivation and a calm head,
Obviously forgetting what Wes was like without Huth.

Can't we get Rob Huth back as well?

With Amartey back and Fofana on the come back trail, I can see why the urgency to sign a defender is waning. I am, however, surprised that BR has dismissed speculation about Christian Eriksen: with Tielemans almost certain to move on in the summer, I would have thought signing Eriksen would have saved money in the long run.

Well with one space left in the squad now, that does mean we can now register Papy Mendy to play PL games.

That's as good as a new signing isn't it?

If only we’d have kept hold of Praet and not spunked all that money on Soumare.

Congerton can **** off with Rodgers. ****s the pair of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263