Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2021/22 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes very little sense to replace squad players. If a squad player is willing to stay then it's cheaper to arrange a new contract than sign someone new, and you are not likely to make much improvement signing players prepared to be 3rd, 4th or 5th choice.

Athletic reporting that we want Levi Colwill on loan. He's an 18 year old Chelsea central defender currently on loan at Huddersfield.

However, Huddersfield want to keep him so probably won't happen.

Athletic reporting that we want Levi Colwill on loan. He's an 18 year old Chelsea central defender currently on loan at Huddersfield.

However, Huddersfield want to keep him so probably won't happen.
Are our own young defenders really so shit we have to go hunting from other clubs

Are our own young defenders really so shit we have to go hunting from other clubs
Perhaps he is exceptionally good, Chelsea have history with letting young players leave that turn out to be excellent. De Bruyne, Salah, Lukaku, Sancho, etc

Perhaps he is exceptionally good, Chelsea have history with letting young players leave that turn out to be excellent. De Bruyne, Salah, Lukaku, Sancho, etc

Sancho wasn't ever at Chelsea? He started at Man City

But yes, it's possible.

Does seem a bit weird to bring in a young centre back from another Prem club though, when we have our own to develop - and comments recently were that Ben Nelson is highly rated, so I'd think it's better to give him a go.

Sell Soyuncu, buy someone better than Amartey and keep Amartey as back up.

Sell Soyuncu, buy someone better than Amartey and keep Amartey as back up.
Orrrr…. dish out stupid contracts to everyone, be perpetually unable to get rid of the players we don’t want and spunk what little we do have in the kitty on shit from Southampton.

Big Dan should stay. I'd get rid of Soyuncu first on this seasons form.

This season for me at centre half, pecking order in terms of quality has been
Evans
Amartey
Wilf
Soyuncu
The mass hallucination that convinced people Choudhury was 'great' v Watford.
Dusty Bin
My Nan (god rest her soul)
Vestergaard

I'd be looking at Smalling and Jones in the window if we need back up. Could be worse...

Big Dan should stay. I'd get rid of Soyuncu first on this seasons form.

This season for me at centre half, pecking order in terms of quality has been
Evans
Amartey
Wilf
Soyuncu
The mass hallucination that convinced people Choudhury was 'great' v Watford.
Dusty Bin
My Nan (god rest her soul)
Vestergaard
You would seriously place Vestergaard that high on the list?! He is never that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Ipswich4389
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4387
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263