Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2021/22 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact we haven’t solved several of our contract loose threads is out of character and quite concerning. To have 3 regular starters entering into their final year is not good management by the club.

The fact we haven’t solved several of our contract loose threads is out of character and quite concerning. To have 3 regular starters entering into their final year is not good management by the club.
Who are the other two along with Youri please?

Who are the other two along with Youri please?
Soyuncu and Ricardo.

It’s actually worse then that…

Kasper, Evans, Perez, Hamza and Vardy all expire in 23

Amartey up now basically.

All depreciated assets due to their contracts. I’ve said it a few times but this summer looks like a massive squad overhaul. I’m increasingly concerned about the long term.

Certainly I’m expecting Youri, Praet, Choudhury, Amartey, Soyuncu and Perez to move on. We also have to future proof the Evans situation properly.

This assumes we don’t get into any situations with Maddison, Barnes, Justin, Thomas, Ndidi or Fofana.

Also assumes Ricardo’s injuries leave him at the club, hopefully under an extension.

Daka and Ward are the long term solutions to Kasper and Vardy it appears.

I’d expect us to sign Lookman if possible.

Then we will need:

2 central defenders (Tarkowski?)
2 midfielders (Cantwell?)
2 attacking players

We need an entirely new spine. Built by Lee Congerton.

Soyuncu and Ricardo.

It’s actually worse then that…

Kasper, Evans, Perez, Hamza and Vardy all expire in 23

Amartey up now basically.

All depreciated assets due to their contracts. I’ve said it a few times but this summer looks like a massive squad overhaul. I’m increasingly concerned about the long term.
Of all of those:

1. Ricardo, due to his injuries, I can't see anyone taking a substantial £££ gamble on him.
  2. Youri would be a massive loss, but I can understand appreciate he deserves to be playing Champions League football.
  3. Soyuncu would be a big loss if we can't get Evans and Fofana fit and that's a tall order at the moment.
  4. Kasper, I'm sure will stay but if he decides to go and have a fresh challenge, then he should be allowed to leave on a free.
  5. Evans may be washed up.
  6. Perez, not sure about his value/loss really as he is inconsistent.
  7. Hamza, the jury is out and he has brain farts most games.
  8. Vardy is going nowhere.
  9. Amartey should be offered a 2-year deal.

Of all of those:

1. Ricardo, due to his injuries, I can't see anyone taking a substantial £££ gamble on him.
  2. Youri would be a massive loss, but I can understand appreciate he deserves to be playing Champions League football.
  3. Soyuncu would be a big loss if we can't get Evans and Fofana fit and that's a tall order at the moment.
  4. Kasper, I'm sure will stay but if he decides to go and have a fresh challenge, then he should be allowed to leave on a free.
  5. Evans may be washed up.
  6. Perez, not sure about his value/loss really as he is inconsistent.
  7. Hamza, the jury is out and he has brain farts most games.
  8. Vardy is going nowhere.
  9. Amartey should be offered a 2-year deal.
It’s all well met, but these players need replacing. I don’t trust the current regime to do it.

I also think the fact we’ve let so many contract get into this state could be indicative of larger financial/structural issues at the club.

One major concern is having three of our four biggest earners all ageing together.

Between Vardy, Schmeichel and Evans we're paying £350k a week for two 35 and one 34 year olds. Two of whom have shown that they're far from reliable contributors due to being knackered.

I understand how we got here but it's a real challenge to evolve a squad with so much of the playing budget tied up in this way.

It’s all well met, but these players need replacing. I don’t trust the current regime to do it.

I also think the fact we’ve let so many contract get into this state could be indicative of larger financial/structural issues at the club.
Do you consider any of the youngsters are worth offering a place in the squad next season?

It would make good financial sense to do this if it were practical, it is a big if though.

Do you consider any of the youngsters are worth offering a place in the squad next season?

It would make good financial sense to do this if it were practical, it is a big if though.
Would imagine Nelson may get fast-tracked, Brunt may be a Hamza replacement in theory.

But it’s not like we have a couple on loan that look the part like Barnes and KDH have in seasons past. I’d expect Braithwaite and Alves to need that experience.

I haven’t seen enough of Mcateer to be honest.

So we have the following players
Would imagine Nelson may get fast-tracked, Brunt may be a Hamza replacement in theory.

But it’s not like we have a couple on loan that look the part like Barnes and KDH have in seasons past. I’d expect Braithwaite and Alves to need that experience.

I haven’t seen enough of Mcateer to be honest.
braybrooke*

Basically, yes.

To the point where it'll enter the language; as a verb - 'to vestergaard' being to panic buy, and a 'vestergaard' will be an ill considered purchase.
Elvis Hammond (ankle) is the other example of that. It's saying something that I think Vestergaard is worse.

I think it fair to say we're utterly ****ed

Basically, yes.

To the point where it'll enter the language; as a verb - 'to vestergaard' being to panic buy, and a 'vestergaard' will be an ill considered purchase.

And the well-known saying will be adjusted to "that's about as much use as a Jannik Vestergaard".

On reflection, and as pointed out by my esteemed colleauge above, I think 'a jannik' is much better, flows off the tongue better.

That's a pile of jannik.

I think it fair to say we're utterly ****ed
I’m with you. I think we’re nosediving towards being a Championship club with the best training ground in the country. It won’t be this season, may not be next season, but i can see it happening in the not too distant future.

The spine of our team will soon be retiring.
Three of our top players aren’t renewing contracts.
The likes of Maddison et al won’t want to be playing midtable football.
Our owners seem to not have a pot to piss in nowadays.
Recruitment is a ****ing shambles.
We’ve got a manager who’ll be out as soon as a bigger club flutters their eyelashes at him.
Our medical department is a disaster.

Maybe I’m being over dramatic, but I’m struggling to see any positives at the minute. We’re definitely a club in decline.

I’m with you. I think we’re nosediving towards being a Championship club with the best training ground in the country. It won’t be this season, may not be next season, but i can see it happening in the not too distant future.

The spine of our team will soon be retiring.
Three of our top players aren’t renewing contracts.
The likes of Maddison et al won’t want to be playing midtable football.
Our owners seem to not have a pot to piss in nowadays.
Recruitment is a ****ing shambles.
We’ve got a manager who’ll be out as soon as a bigger club flutters their eyelashes at him.
Our medical department is a disaster.

Maybe I’m being over dramatic, but I’m struggling to see any positives at the minute. We’re definitely a club in decline.
The big problem is recruitment. The genie has definitely escaped on unearthing talent which was the key to the continued development of our team. Our owners have never splashed top 6 money on signings. Yes they have spent a lot, but it has always been offset against sales so that the net spend has been less of a blow.

I have never had any faith in Congerton. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363