Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2022/23 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bus wanker!

He's more than that. He is one of the lucky ones who will get free train rides as well. And if I remember correctly (which I occasionally do) he will get his pass six years earlier than almost all of the rest of us.

Oh yes, me too. Whereisitatthatthereawardstheneh? Do you know, once upon a time I think I may have been up for one in there. Very proud days. Pre 2020.
I don’t think that there’s a ‘Most Kissable Lips’ category this year :(

Only issue for me is he was out for a year with an ACL injury, would he be another Ricardo or JJ

Only issue for me is he was out for a year with an ACL injury, would he be another Ricardo or JJ
Probably sign him on an 6 yr contract then with an automatic extension clause whenever he’s out through injury for more than 6 weeks.

I don’t believe any Leicester rumour that comes out of Scotland. If you believe that rag our squad would be full of ex-SPL misfits, most of them ex-Celtic.

bottom line the Jan transfer is notorious for over inflated prices and panic buys. if we can not do good sensible business then I am content with no one coming in.

we do not need some knee jerk signings like we did with the Southampton pair!

bottom line the Jan transfer is notorious for over inflated prices and panic buys. if we can not do good sensible business then I am content with no one coming in.

we do not need some knee jerk signings like we did with the Southampton pair!
I think that the're are a few Leicester players that I wish someone would panic buy at inflated prices.
We can wish.

It is becoming very difficult to excuse the incompetence at the top of the club. Yet again, we've come into a transfer window without robust plans in place. A week in, and despite it being obvious what we need, nothing appears to be close to being sorted.

We have a long list of players we want to move out and there seems to be next to no interest from anyone in anyone. With Ricardo coming into the 25 man squad (presumably in place of Justin) we have a full squad without signing any new players. Getting some of these guys off the books is vital.

This squad needs a keeper, two centre backs, two left backs, at least one central midfielder, a right winger, a left winger and a striker.

With every game that passes us by, we look more and more tired and stale as a club.

It is becoming very difficult to excuse the incompetence at the top of the club. Yet again, we've come into a transfer window without robust plans in place. A week in, and despite it being obvious what we need, nothing appears to be close to being sorted.

We have a long list of players we want to move out and there seems to be next to no interest from anyone in anyone. With Ricardo coming into the 25 man squad (presumably in place of Justin) we have a full squad without signing any new players. Getting some of these guys off the books is vital.

This squad needs a keeper, two centre backs, two left backs, at least one central midfielder, a right winger, a left winger and a striker.

With every game that passes us by, we look more and more tired and stale as a club.
Our owners are now costing us unfortunately.

They clearly aren't able to provide what we need

You have no idea what is going on behind the scenes in terms of recruitment and that is exactly as it should be. We're on the 8th of the month and already we've got ****ing hysteria because we haven't yet signed anyone. Get to the 28th and that's a different story. As for outgoings, what would you like us to do? We have players on big wages that nobody wants or can afford. If there isn't the demand, they won't be going anywhere. That is a problem of our own making of course, but there is the square root of a Joey Essex braincell we can do about it now. Nobody is going to want Vestergaard, Nacho, Praet, Perez, etc simply because they either aren't good enough or because their wage demands will be too high for the types of clubs that might be interested in them.

Yes, we've painted ourselves into a corner but if you're expecting us to be able to wave a magic wand and get rid of a host of overplayed dross, well, it simply isn't going to happen. My guess is, if someone doesn't come in for Tielemans so we can get his wages off the books, then there may be one or two in at the very most. That deal could open up others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566