Speculation The hysterically annoying, and totally unfounded, but traditional, January 2024 rumours thread.

Leicester's 24-year-old Zambia striker Patson Daka is Brentford's top choice to replace Toney. (Football Transfers)
As in... replace him to sit at home and not be eligible to play for the club? That's the only thing that makes sense.

(I'd still start him for us ahead of the atrocious Ihenacho)

As in... replace him to sit at home and not be eligible to play for the club? That's the only thing that makes sense.

(I'd still start him for us ahead of the atrocious Ihenacho)
Thought he looked quite lively against Liverpool. Daka, that is.

We don't need to be doing anything in January in the ****ing stupidly over inflated market that exists in that window, fuelled by desperation.

2 exceptions to that :

1) The recruitment team find an under the radar type that might be spotted by others if we leave it til June.

2) We have injuries & need to strengthen the squad for the final push.

Otherwise buying players specifically for the PL should wait until the summer when we know we're there.

But get promoted as early as mathematically possible so we can get the planning in early, have everyone we want through the door by the end of June ready for a full pre-season, sit back & relax with everything done.

Make no mistake we'll need to do a LOT of business. Burnley pissed this league last season & can't buy a win in the PL, so do it all early.

Welcome to my perfect LCFC world. Probably won't happen.

This squad of players is good enough for a mid table Premier League finish as it is. Need to focus on signing up the out of contract players and then make a couple of key transfers in the summer.

I’d be surprised if we aren’t looking to recruit a left-footed defender in January.

This squad of players is good enough for a mid table Premier League finish as it is. Need to focus on signing up the out of contract players and then make a couple of key transfers in the summer.
I disagree. I think we'd be at the bottom end.
Wrong way round!

IMG_1045.jpeg

I think so too. Look at Burnley… you can piss this league and be nowhere close to PL standard.
We will need more end product from the wingers and central midfielders and pace at the back for sure. Still room for the likes of KDH and Mavididi to grow like.

We get away with a lot at this level, it was noticeable from the very first game that the strikers are wasteful and the midfielders don’t cover every blade of grass for 90 minutes.

8 weeks till Christmas.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664