Speculation The hysterically annoying, and totally unfounded, but traditional, January 2024 rumours thread.

Sunderland are targeting Leicester City defender Luke Thomas to strengthen their ailing left-back position, Sunderland Nation can exclusively reveal.
That would actually be a really sensible move for all involved.

Find it slightly grating that these players don't seem to value their own hard work and perseverance. Almost as though, I don't need to try because god will make me score.

They probably don't see it that way and you can't really post "I'm so great"* every couple of weeks, so maybe a bit sensitive.

*Unless you're name is James Maddison.

Find it slightly grating that these players don't seem to value their own hard work and perseverance. Almost as though, I don't need to try because god will make me score.

They probably don't see it that way and you can't really post "I'm so great"* every couple of weeks, so maybe a bit sensitive.

*Unless you're name is James Maddison.
And then just read the Cov post match in which a very similar vain was being followed :039:

I may be being thick here, but why are we having to adhere to UEFA FFP? Is that separate to whatever regulations that apply to Premier League or EFL clubs?

Pretty sure that twitter post is load of complete bollocks

I may be being thick here, but why are we having to adhere to UEFA FFP? Is that separate to whatever regulations that apply to Premier League or EFL clubs?

The reason we stopped spending in 2022 was entirely about the UEFA FFP regulations rather than PL ones.

I'm sure I read that we were going to be penalised if we qualified for Europe again due to our losses. Maybe the club still bases decisions on this.

As our recently published accounts made Everton and Forest seem positively frugal, I really don't understand what on earth we base our budget on any more.

Despite including the sales of Fofana and Maddison in our next accounts, coming soon by the way, we'll still lose another fortune.

Until we stop carrying a massive squad packed with overpaid players, we'll remain skint and liable for punishment from the FL, PL or UEFA..

The reason we stopped spending in 2022 was entirely about the UEFA FFP regulations rather than PL ones.

I'm sure I read that we were going to be penalised if we qualified for Europe again due to our losses. Maybe the club still bases decisions on this.

As our recently published accounts made Everton and Forest seem positively frugal, I really don't understand what on earth we base our budget on any more.

Despite including the sales of Fofana and Maddison in our next accounts, coming soon by the way, we'll still lose another fortune.

Until we stop carrying a massive squad packed with overpaid players, we'll remain skint and liable for punishment from the FL, PL or UEFA..
I know our income this season is significantly down due to relegation but the parachute payments must be filling some of that void.

On top of this we spent £20? Million on players and sold £50-60 million. Our wage bill must also be significantly lighter than last season, maybe £50 million lighter?

Our gap between outgoings and incomings £££ must be closer?

How’s that?

Our next accounting period will be from 1st June 2022 to 30th June 2023. Fofana was sold in Aug 2022 and Maddison conveniently just before the end of June 2023. We changed our accounting period during the year to move it from the end of May to the end of June in order to capture early sales.

Our next accounting period will be from 1st June 2022 to 30th June 2023. Fofana was sold in Aug 2022 and Maddison conveniently just before the end of June 2023. We changed our accounting period during the year to move it from the end of May to the end of June in order to capture early sales.
Ah, Maddison went right near the end of June. That is awfully convenient, now you mention it.

Are we signing any **** or not ?

If anyone from LCFC is reading this , my garden borders need digging over when the frost gives way after the weekend. I'm prepared to stump up £25 for you to send Danny Ward over to do it. Lets face it, the ****er isn't likely to be doing much else this month is he ? Or any month for that matter.

Obviously I'll have to stand at the back door with a mug of tea, watching to make sure the twat doesn't **** it up but I'm happy to do so if it helps my club to free up funds.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463