Speculation The hysterically annoying, and totally unfounded, but traditional, January 2024 rumours thread.

Selling him at the end of the season is one thing - it’s fine if Maresca thinks he can find better for the Premier League, if that’s where we are, or the finances are indeed as bad as some bedwetters would have us believe.

Thats all fine - we would desperately need to rebuild if we go up anyway, and same thing applies if we don’t. Having a whole summer to do that is also fine.

But selling him now, and trying to replace him in a couple of days would be madness beyond madness. He is critical to getting us promoted, and that is all that matters. Next season can look after itself

Sadly some of the blind entitled deluded idiots think we are already up, or our great squad is so much better than everyone else in the League, so we can afford to lose anyone. We absolutely aren’t, and the squad absolutely isn’t. They think the money can easily be spent on someone else, or that the chronically injury prone Sensi will come in and play every minute and be so brilliant he’ll easily get us over the line. Stupid is as stupid does, I suppose

Thankfully, I’m pretty confident it’s a risk the Club will not take unless the offer is a truly sensationally stupid one

In reality, I can’t sere anyone making a bid anywhere near big enough to hit our risk threshold, so all is good
My thoughts exactly.

Inter, Leicester have formalized an offer for Sensi: the details

After contacts in recent days, Leicester has formalized a first official offer to Inter for Sensi

After Casadei's return to Chelsea, Leicester immediately started looking for reinforcements for the midfield and set their sights on Sensi.

The Italian midfielder has not been able to find much space in the Inter shirt this season and for this reason he can leave Milan: an official offer has been formalised.

In recent days, Leicester have made several moves to obtain information on the Inter midfielder, several informal contacts which have now led to the formalization of an official offer.

Permanent transfer with a fixed portion and significant bonuses in the event of promotion to the Premier League. In total the operation is worth 3 million euros.

At Leicester Sensi would take the place vacated by Casadei, and would find Enzo Maresca as coach. The Foxes are currently top of the Championship with 66 points, seven more than second-placed Ipswich.

If we do sell KDH, then I would have to accept it as a necessary business decision. We don't want to start next season with a 10 point deduction.

I would move Doyle forward into that mid-field position.

The FFP stuff I've been reading about Everton, Forest and FC Saudi United says that selling homegrown players is much more important as they can be accounted for as pure profit - I really don't want to see KDH go, but this probably makes him the one asset above any others we should want to sell if we do need to

KDH isn't good enough for Brighton so can't see it myself

They can't carry players who can't control the ball very well in their system.

All a bit confusing to me.

Not the KDH part of it. For the record I'd prefer him to stay as the idea of replacing him with a speculative punt like Sensi doesn't seem viable. Sensi as an addition is fine. No problem. For the amount of money involved it's worth the risk but lets be honest, we're getting a player from Inter Milan for a couple of million.
Clearly Inter want rid due to the injury record. Without that he'd be out of our reach, plus he wouldn't even entertain coming here.
We're going to ask the bloke to play in one of the most physical leagues in Europe. It's a massive punt. If it works we've done incredibly well.

My issue is with what seems like a bit of delusional entitlement when talking about us & Brighton.

Erm...we're nowhere near Brighton. 2 years ago maybe. 3 years ago certainly. But not now.

The idea that we're somehow on a par with them if we go up is ridiculous too. The rank financial mismanagement in recent years over recruitment/contracts/seagrave etc means that if we go up we'll be in more or less the same position as any newly promoted club, regardless of having spent the previous decade in the PL. We'll be in a situation similar to Burnley, with probably a little bit extra on top. No better than that.

Brighton on the other hand ? Probably the best run club in the country in terms of data analysis/scouting/recruitment. As good as we were in the Walsh era, if not better. They're also 7th in the PL despite having had injury woes this season & having to manage a european campaign for the first time. They topped their Europa group & it isn't beyond possibility that they could win the whole thing, which would put them in the CL next season. They're in a comfortable enough league position to throw everything at trying to achieve that & have both a manager & an owner with the ambition to go for it.

FFS they even manage to score almost 2 goals a game while having Danny Welbeck on the books !

They're streets ahead of where we are. If I was a pro footballer, had no particular emotional attachment to LCFC & the offer was genuine, I'd have gone already.

All a bit confusing to me.

Not the KDH part of it. For the record I'd prefer him to stay as the idea of replacing him with a speculative punt like Sensi doesn't seem viable.

Confusing for me too. It only seems like five minutes ago that Sensi was being touted as the replacement for Casadei.

Brighton [...] having to manage a european campaign for the first time. They topped their Europa group & it isn't beyond possibility that they could win the whole thing, which would put them in the CL next season.

Now you're being silly

Now you're being silly
Really ? Imagine it's 2015. You tell people that LCFC will be in the CL.

You'd have been fitted for a jacket with long sleeves that buckles up the back.

No reason a top 7 side in the PL can't win the Europa. Not to say they will but there aren't any teams left in it that they need to feel any sort of inferiority to if they come up against them.

De Zerbi: Dewsbury-Hall has ‘great quality’ but I respect Maresca​

Brighton head coach Roberto De Zerbi has admitted his admiration for Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall but insists he won’t talk about the Leicestermidfielder because of his good relationship with Foxes boss Enzo Maresca.
Brighton are interested in signing the 25-year-old this month but Leicester are holding firm on their valuation of more than £40m. Dewsbury-Hall is also wanted by Brentford and is a key figure in Maresca’s promotion-chasing team.
“I don’t know anything about it,” said De Zerbi of Brighton’s interest at his press conference on Monday.
“I know him as a player, he has great quality. But it is not my business speaking about other players, especially in Enzo Maresca’s case. He is my friend and I want to be correct with him.”

If we let him go on deadline day in what is the most important season for us in a very very long time I will be amazed at the stupidity of it.

So it will almost definitely happen then.

Rudderless Rudkin at the helm.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464