The International Champions Cup 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed the element of sarcasm. I blame Mawsley for not including emoticons. This never would have happened with emoticons.

I get that American posters could look at this as a rare opportunity to see the team in the flesh, but I'm puzzled as to why anyone else would be excited. It may be called the 'International Champions' Cup' but it's a pre-season friendly tournament that involves loads of travelling. We'll likely be going to Thailand too. I'm concerned that all this will lead to us starting next season already jaded from an overly strenuous pre-season - I'm certain that such observations have been made about other clubs who use their pre-season to maximise global commercial opportunities, and most of them tend to have larger squads than us. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

I get that American posters could look at this as a rare opportunity to see the team in the flesh, but I'm puzzled as to why anyone else would be excited. It may be called the 'International Champions' Cup' but it's a pre-season friendly tournament that involves loads of travelling. We'll likely be going to Thailand too. I'm concerned that all this will lead to us starting next season already jaded from an overly strenuous pre-season - I'm certain that such observations have been made about other clubs who use their pre-season to maximise global commercial opportunities, and most of them tend to have larger squads than us. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Sounds like perfect preparation for midweek Champions League games if you ask me.

Did not seem to bother Wes Morgan who had just one week off between seasons last year and was playing non-stop the rest of the time.

We'll just need to up the drugs levels

It looks like this tournament was shown live on Sky last year - let's hope for the same again.

£40 for a friendly :011:

That's one way of looking at it. Of course the other way is that this is an ideal chance to test our credentials against the cream of the crop that we might wind up facing in the Champions League without having to worry about the result. It might take a bit extra out of the squad but ultimately that's something we will have to get used to if we hope to have continued success.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669