The last time City played Swindon....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was about to say, not really an opinion so much as it's a widely-accepted fact.

Absolutely amazing game, one half of the crowd red, the other blue, i remember sitting there before the game thinking how this is how all finals should be.

Still my favourite game of all time (barring the final result), fantastic passing football and the cheer when we equalised was deafening.

A truly memorable game, probably the best play off game ever for sheer ecstacy, agony and and excitement.

Oh, how i miss those days.

Incidentally i was working at city in those days and i was selling tickets on the fiirst day they were released to season tickets and voucher holders. The first guy in the queue wanted about 50 tickets, i remember it was around £1,500.00 (maybe i'm wrong), it took 30 minutes to serve him and get him a block of seats, and he gave me a £50.00 tip, that day i got paid £60.00, and got over £300.00 in tips.

The cash we took was thrown behind us into an empty walkers crisp box, no tills or anything.

Truly wonderful days....

:icon_bigg:icon_bigg

Last edited:
I remember just walking in the ticket office and buying a ticket for this fixture. No fuss, no nothing.

I remember the massive shirts banners being passed around the ground.

I remember falling asleep in the first half and woke up to 'that twat Hoddle's scored'.

It was the game which got me really supporting City.

Double decker from the Falc'....

Last edited:
I remember just walking in the ticket office and buying a ticket for this fixture. No fuss, no nothing.

I remember the massive shirts banners being passed around the ground.

I remember falling asleep in the first half and woke up to 'that twat Hoddle's scored'.

It was the game which got me really supporting City.

Double decker from the Falc'....

How? At the beginning of the ticket sales it was definately a queueing system, or maybe it was the 2nd play off we were in?

What a great game but terrible result. I remember Oldfield having a really good chance after we drew level with the crowd willing him on, I thought we would score and Daisy fluffed it. We kind of lost our momentum and then that penalty.

David Ellery had a run of shocking decisions around that time, still can't blame the reff it was White that cheated, much more criminal than Speedie the year before IMO, but would you do the same in his situation?

Bodin who scored that disputed penalty went on to miss for Wales from the spot in a crucial game to qualify for USA94 not long after.

Makes me laugh when watching the highlights there is a a Leicester fan giving the double V's just above the Swindon player's head as he lifts the trophy.

How? At the beginning of the ticket sales it was definately a queueing system, or maybe it was the 2nd play off we were in?

Thinking about it's gotta be the Palace or Derby game I did that with my Dad as Swindon I got tickets through my auntie at the Cop Shop. My brother was just 1, so Mum and Dad stayed at hum.

I used have the match on video - watched many times on repeat. My best mate's brother used to always ask me to name the scorers and the minutes whilst we played footy and he drew stuff.

Gone a bit downhill for Swindon since then...even more than us.

Thinking about it's gotta be the Palace or Derby game I did that with my Dad as Swindon I got tickets through my auntie at the Cop Shop. My brother was just 1, so Mum and Dad stayed at hum.

I used have the match on video - watched many times on repeat. My best mate's brother used to always ask me to name the scorers and the minutes whilst we played footy and he drew stuff.

Gone a bit downhill for Swindon since then...even more than us.

Maybe people remember things more fondly after a long period of time, but that day was truly memorable.

Minibus down to Rickmansworh, pub opposite = lots of beer, tube into Wembley, i'm sure i did a banner for this game, someting to do with Julian Joachim i seem to remember.

Spent £20.00 on blue confetti only for Wembley staff not to allow confetti in, robbed the bogs insted. Seem to remember thousands of blue balloons being released...

AAAAhhhhhh those were.......

I still haven't watch the highlights of this game. I Remember feeling absoutely gutted when on the way back home, I still blame Steve Thompson!

Apparently the face I pulled when the fourth went in, I still pull when we lose now.

Funny_Face.jpg

was the game that got me into football and obviously, as a Leicester fan - een though we lost.

Yeah i was only 8 when this match was on and its the first proper wembley match i could remember that i went too. (went blackburn too but cant remember it like i do Swindon)

i remember sitting in my old mans big estate car waving at all the fans. Waving at swindon fans too who promptly gave me the wanker signs along with many v's being thrust my way. didn't know what they meant at that age and did it in the ground myself and got an almighty rollicking off my old dear when she caught me doing it! ( always thought women should stay away from football since :icon_lol:)

I still remember the atmosphere and its the loudest match i've been too. felt gutted when we lost. hated the twat glenn hoddle ever since!

Wierd season though, seeing the Walsh and Joachim strike force come together so randomly. It was the first time that Div One matches were shown live on local ITV and I kept getting videos of Central TV sent to me in the post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669