The Leeds Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
LUFC36 said:
If you think that was bad wait til you come to ER next season, you'll be in for a warm welcome thats for sure. You'll need more than the 6 BS who turned up this season.

Look forward to seeing you soon

LUFC36 said:
You may think its just a harmless bit of banter from kids but it will be remembered for a long time. As you dont come to ER it wont effect you unless something happens at WS, but those kids could get some innocent people in a lot of trouble up here.

So after getting upset that some mindless idiots started chanting about the events in Turkey, You preceed to threaten any of the following support that dares to venture to Elland Road next season. Havent the events in Turkey made you realise what a stupid and pointless thing fighting amongst fans is. Two of your fans lost there lives due to fighting about a game. Is it really worth it?

I thought the Leeds support were great up until the 'incident' even though i wasnt sure what they were chanting about for most of the game, they continued to chant even though there team were 2-0 down.

I also thought Neil Sullivan was a good sport as he was getting a lot of stick from the kop end, but was joking around with them.

yea that was piss funny. sulivan saw the funny side quite a few times i think. couldnt quite understand all the aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhggggggg

LUFC36 said:
lako42 said:
no ones trying to justify it mate but merely point out that it's alright giving it if you can take it. that in no way means i agree what was sung but at the end of the day it was kids singing it who know no better. and as for the response we got well that was a couple of guys strugling the jungle gym with no end product.

and as far as our warm receptions concerned ive never had the urge to go to leeds anyway.

this thing could go on for days, the sooner people realise it was a few brainless kids the better.

We can take any song you want to throw at us mate, but not the Turkey ones. As for the response with the two guys, had they got through I think a few more would have joined them. Correct, no end product but it did shut the whole of that stand up for the rest of the game and make a lot of people shit themselves enough to leave 10 minutes before the end of the game.

You may think its just a harmless bit of banter from kids but it will be remembered for a long time. As you dont come to ER it wont effect you unless something happens at WS, but those kids could get some innocent people in a lot of trouble up here.

Who the feck do you think you are?.
I like many others have been to Millwall , Chelsea , and LEEDS, and over a 20 yr period i've never seen Leicester fans take a backward step. No morons like you will ever stop our fans from visiting your grounds. We are not intimidated by pathetic threats.
Regarding the banter, your fans are amongst the last people on this planet who can claim any moral high ground. The racist chanting at Filbert Street, the treatment of Muzzy Izzet ensures you are fair game for baiting. So feck off and go practice your superior standards to MUFC, who might like to remind you of obscene chanting about their club. No wonder every fecker HATES you.
See you at Elland Road next year

As far as I know, every football fan was in total shock, and sickened by what happened to the Leeds fans in Turkey.
However, when Leeds fans came to Filbert Street soon afterwards, they decided that Muzzy Izzet was somehow to blame for what happened in Turkey. The treatment of Muzzy because he happened to have a father who was originally Turkish Cypriot was unforgiveable.
Coming so soon after the vile racist chants we got from Leeds fans a year or two earlier, I find it really hard to accept that Leeds fans have 'nothing' against Leicester.
Are you saying that this is the way you behave at all grounds, and that because two of your fans were brutally murdered, this makes your obscenities somehow acceptable?
I was present on both those occasions, and despite having lived for many years close to Leeds, and having many friends up there, Leeds is now one club I would never support, ever. And we won't even bring into the equation the Other Incident and the actions of two of your players, as they were found 'not guilty' of racism in their drunken attack on a young Leeds man.
Admittedly, on Sunday, you came to party, which was hardly surprising as your team couldn't be bothered to play, so there was nothing useful for you to watch.
However, there may have been a small number (two or three) of the Leicester crowd who couldn't take your overbearing and arrogant attitude, your disrespect for the game of football which we were enjoying so much, and who wanted in their own clumsy and very stupid way, to get a riposte in to you for what you did to the Legend that is Muzzy Izzet.
If you bait even the nicest people for long enough, some idiot will take the bait.
Leicester is a family club. It's a club committed to anti-racist policies. It's proud to have one of the highest proportions of ethnic minority supporters in the country, and one of the highest proportions of women supporters.
It also has a fan-base which likes to watch football, especially when our team seems finally to be getting it together at the end of two dodgy seasons and a lot of financial hassle - which is more difficult for a small club than it is for a huge club like your own.
Please, can you get your heads round the fact that Man U isn't your enemy. It's in a whole different League.
And we're not your enemy, either.
But if you behave as if every club should 'fear' the strength of your singing and chanting, and should be able to cope with whatever you choose to sing and chant, then you are going to make enemies everywhere you go, aren't you? Is that what you want?

Innocent said:
As far as I know, every football fan was in total shock, and sickened by what happened to the Leeds fans in Turkey.
However, when Leeds fans came to Filbert Street soon afterwards, they decided that Muzzy Izzet was somehow to blame for what happened in Turkey. The treatment of Muzzy because he happened to have a father who was originally Turkish Cypriot was unforgiveable.
Coming so soon after the vile racist chants we got from Leeds fans a year or two earlier, I find it really hard to accept that Leeds fans have 'nothing' against Leicester.
Are you saying that this is the way you behave at all grounds, and that because two of your fans were brutally murdered, this makes your obscenities somehow acceptable?
I was present on both those occasions, and despite having lived for many years close to Leeds, and having many friends up there, Leeds is now one club I would never support, ever. And we won't even bring into the equation the Other Incident and the actions of two of your players, as they were found 'not guilty' of racism in their drunken attack on a young Leeds man.
Admittedly, on Sunday, you came to party, which was hardly surprising as your team couldn't be bothered to play, so there was nothing useful for you to watch.
However, there may have been a small number (two or three) of the Leicester crowd who couldn't take your overbearing and arrogant attitude, your disrespect for the game of football which we were enjoying so much, and who wanted in their own clumsy and very stupid way, to get a riposte in to you for what you did to the Legend that is Muzzy Izzet.
If you bait even the nicest people for long enough, some idiot will take the bait.
Leicester is a family club. It's a club committed to anti-racist policies. It's proud to have one of the highest proportions of ethnic minority supporters in the country, and one of the highest proportions of women supporters.
It also has a fan-base which likes to watch football, especially when our team seems finally to be getting it together at the end of two dodgy seasons and a lot of financial hassle - which is more difficult for a small club than it is for a huge club like your own.
Please, can you get your heads round the fact that Man U isn't your enemy. It's in a whole different League.
And we're not your enemy, either.
But if you behave as if every club should 'fear' the strength of your singing and chanting, and should be able to cope with whatever you choose to sing and chant, then you are going to make enemies everywhere you go, aren't you? Is that what you want?

'Overbearing', 'arrogant', 'disrespecting the game of football'?! I think you need to lighten up a bit! As for wanting other clubs to fear the strength of our singing - what are you talking about ???!!! From what I remember we were just trying to create a bit of atmosphere and support our team (despite another woeful first half performance!). We were at a football match, not in a library!

Most City clubs including yours, yes even yours, have an idiotic minority, so playing down and justifying your group of idiotic fans part in yesterdays 'carrying on' is at best blinkered. Living just around the corner from the City ground I have seen your 'family' away following with my own eyes!

I must say though that I was very disappointed by the racist chant yesterday. It shouldn't be tollerated. Like your club, our home support is that of a family club with a huge family stand membership. Believe it or not, I haven't heard racism at Elland Road since the late 80s. A great deal has been done by our club over the last 20 years to stamp out this kind of thing and to a great extent it's been successful. I think yesterdays racist chant was an exception as feelings were running high (it was the 5 year anniversary of Chris and Kevs death just a few weeks ago) and was a way of venting anger in the heat of the moment - although I still think the vast majority should have known better.

Anyway, I hope you head isn't permenently stuck up your own arse and you one day find it in your heart to forgive us!

P.S. As for your comment about ManU not being our enemy, I'm afraid it's a rivalry that goes back 40 years and doesn't disappear just because we're in a different league (will you stop hating forest now they've gone down or Derby if they go up?). Also, as I drove back up the M1 yesterday, I could ManU fans at Charlton on the radio singing an anti Leeds song for quite some time during first half - so it would seem the feeling is still mutual!

bridgfordwhite said:
'Overbearing', 'arrogant', 'disrespecting the game of football'?! I think you need to lighten up a bit! As for wanting other clubs to fear the strength of our singing - what are you talking about ???!!! From what I remember we were just trying to create a bit of atmosphere and support our team (despite another woeful first half performance!). We were at a football match, not in a library!

Most City clubs including yours, yes even yours, have an idiotic minority, so playing down and justifying your group of idiotic fans part in yesterdays 'carrying on' is at best blinkered. Living just around the corner from the City ground I have seen your 'family' away following with my own eyes!

I must say though that I was very disappointed by the racist chant yesterday. It shouldn't be tollerated. Like your club, our home support is that of a family club with a huge family stand membership. Believe it or not, I haven't heard racism at Elland Road since the late 80s. A great deal has been done by our club over the last 20 years to stamp out this kind of thing and to a great extent it's been successful. I think yesterdays racist chant was an exception as feelings were running high (it was the 5 year anniversary of Chris and Kevs death just a few weeks ago) and was a way of venting anger in the heat of the moment - although I still think the vast majority should have known better.

Anyway, I hope you head isn't permenently stuck up your own arse and you one day find it in your heart to forgive us!

Oh sheesh - is this the best you can do? It's a bit anal, isn't it? Listen to yourself. 'Yesterday's racist chant' - hello? where have you been during the "You're a town of P**kis" chants, curiously transformed after the criminal presecution of a section of your fans into their subsequent next season chants "You're a town of T**xis"? How terribly funny. We laffed our sox off.
Wot wit!
You know nothing of your fans' stupidity, do you? Best leave it at that. Ignorance is a blissed-out state which many aspire to, and you've just got a PhD in the expertise.
I shall say this only once more. So listen up, and listen good, OK?.
Leeds United FC has a racist reputation, which is not ill-deserved, and many of us can bear witness to this, and quite frankly despise you for it. Got it?
Now, do you want to defend the indefensible, or do you want to join the human race?

Innocent said:
bridgfordwhite said:

Oh sheesh - is this the best you can do? It's a bit anal, isn't it? Listen to yourself. 'Yesterday's racist chant' - hello? where have you been during the "You're a town of P**kis" chants, curiously transformed after the criminal presecution of a section of your fans into their subsequent next season chants "You're a town of T**xis"? How terribly funny. We laffed our sox off.
Wot wit!
You know nothing of your fans' stupidity, do you? Best leave it at that. Ignorance is a blissed-out state which many aspire to, and you've just got a PhD in the expertise.
I shall say this only once more. So listen up, and listen good, OK?.
Leeds United FC has a racist reputation, which is not ill-deserved, and many of us can bear witness to this, and quite frankly despise you for it. Got it?
Now, do you want to defend the indefensible, or do you want to join the human race?

Why are you so intent on trying to pick a fight here? The only one even coming close to defended the indefensible was you in your earlier post through your semi-justification of the Turkish chant - Did I defend the racist chanting?

Yes we do have a racist and violent reputation, largely due to the dark days in the mid 1980s and yes, unfortunately we do have a (significant) minority in our away support that still think that we're in the 1980's. I have never denied this. However there is also the 95% majority at home and 80% majority away who are just normal football fans like yourself.

Racism is everywhere unfortunately. Your condemnation and hatred of my entire club for racism is a little bit childish.

I wont be back so you can save your witty remarks about my ignorance - I dont have a PhD by the way - FMCA yes, an MBA yes but not a PhD!

I've also been watching LUFC home and away and all over Europe for more than 20 years, so I'm also quite qualified in football!

1114960909_spt_ai10_leicsvleeds.jpg

Yes we do have a racist and violent reputation, largely due to the dark days in the mid 1980s and yes, unfortunately we do have a (significant) minority in our away support that still think that we're in the 1980's. I have never denied this. However there is also the 95% majority at home and 80% majority away who are just normal football fans like yourself.

Racism is everywhere unfortunately. Your condemnation and hatred of my entire club for racism is a little bit childish.

I wont be back so you can save your witty remarks about my ignorance - I dont have a PhD by the way - FMCA yes, an MBA yes but not a PhD!

I've also been watching LUFC home and away and all over Europe for more than 20 years, so I'm also quite qualified in football!

GOOD :smt039

cant stand leeds more racist than a BNP candidate twating some asian dude... but singing the turk songs is out of order IMO, i have to live with the bastards so hear the racist shit al the time which is so suprising for such a cosmopolitan place shame these inbred fookers dont understand :evil:

I was thinking, 20 years ago the coppers would of gone storming in the Leeds end. Talk about this baiting of the 'Turkey Issue'. Ye it was a disgrace. Fair Comment but if some twat somewhere goes 'How you doing fatty, your grandfather died in the war!' I would not turn round and wanna kick off. I would think what a twat! Leicester fans were called rapists on a number of occasions last season. Did the LCFC fans last year at Birmingham decided to pile in and rip up a bit of barrier. NO!

Is it just me but do we have this silly trouble with Leeds? Personally the first half atmosphere from the Leeds fans is what football is all about but the Leeds fans Second half showing is what football is not about.

All I can say is that I am now very pleased that my children had a prior engagement on Sunday so I could not make the game. There is no excuse for silly songs about people dying, or for the trouble that kicked off as a consequence.

Whilst I can still laugh with my brother at the demise of Forest, neither of us will ever forget Hillsborough, as he was there and I spent a frantic few hours trying to get through to him to make sure he was ok.
Yhere is no excuse for violence, IT IS ONLY A GAME FFS.

Hazzman said:
I was thinking, 20 years ago the coppers would of gone storming in the Leeds end. Talk about this baiting of the 'Turkey Issue'. Ye it was a disgrace. Fair Comment but if some twat somewhere goes 'How you doing fatty, your grandfather died in the war!' I would not turn round and wanna kick off. I would think what a twat! Leicester fans were called rapists on a number of occasions last season. Did the LCFC fans last year at Birmingham decided to pile in and rip up a bit of barrier. NO!

Is it just me but do we have this silly trouble with Leeds? Personally the first half atmosphere from the Leeds fans is what football is all about but the Leeds fans Second half showing is what football is not about.

Ok we didn't rip up the barrier but there was still fighting in the city center and near the ground.

Racist chanting of any club is discarseful and I think those involved in L1 should be banned from the club for next season. I dont care if it was in response to something about Muzzy, but relatiating they were JUST AS BAD as Leeds in the first place.

Yes but fighting in the city centre is common for any Brum v LCFC and other games involving two rival clubs. What I mean its about how you conduct yourself in a football stadium. The people who fight in city centres obiviously are more intrested in fighting than the beautiful game.

Fair comment in saying a number of our fans were just as bad as a number of Leeds fans.

bridgfordwhite said:

It gives me great pleasure to know that FMCAs have feelings, and that MBAs aren't just paperwork for those who have dulled mental axes to grind.
With all best wishes, and with apologies that a couple of our mentally-challenged fans reacted in a totally unacceptable way to the honourable actions and noble chants of Leeds FC, who are renowned for their dignity and tolerance.
Thank you for teaching us humility.
We are not worthy.

:?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675