The Mahrez Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
BN is right. Man City were never that serious about signing Mahrez. Not for the first time Mahrez reacts like a child and this time escalates matters by seeking revenge on Leicester City. He should ask himself why the 'top' clubs aren't that keen to pay the market rate for a top grade attacking player.

How many times...

His value to the club is not the same as how much he cost. How much we paid for him is IRRELEVANT.
I get that Jeff howe
This is Garth Crook’s view on the matter:

“How tragic then that Leicester's love affair with Mahrez has come to such a dramatic impasse. With a little bit of common sense, everyone would have won. Mahrez gets his move to Manchester City, Manchester City get the player and Leicester get a vast sum of money well in excess of what they paid for him.

Now they have a distraction that will dominate their every press conference until it is resolved. Well done, Leicester.”

What a ****ing imbecile.
Players sticking together typical bile from ex pundits, they are worried as a profession what everyone is expecting is that Mahrez will continue his tantrum and we will give in and he will be a free agent, if the club hold him to his contract it will make petulant players think twice before having the tantrum approach and refusing to play.

So is Garth now implying that Man City set transfer fee for players now? Man City did not value Mahrez at 80 million so the deal was ended simples!

Who will blink first? I sincerely hope our club does not yes he is a fantastic talent however we are at a morale x roads here and we should not bend to public pressure.

LCFC do not lose by refusing to sell Mahrez below their valuation, in the sense he did not cost a significant to start with.

However they do have to decide at some point if they wish to cash-in on their asset in the summer.

The win-win is if Mahrez stops behaving like a spoilt child and starts acting like a contracted professional.

If he does not then his value declines, the number of 'big' clubs here or in Europe that would be seriously interested in him declines, and he will never get his dream move.

Whilst LCFC might like to realise the increased value of their asset, they did not spend any significant amount on him to 'lose'.

In fact even if we let Mahrez were alloed to walk away for free, we have made huge amounts of money from his contribution to winning the title and subsequent CL money that came in.

Man City were just trying it on. If they really wanted Mahrez they would have paid our valuation.

They wanted a less than stellar defender enough to pay £75million.

The "Leicester should have sold him because 65M is a lot of money" is really getting on my tits. It insulting and borderline fascist to think that, as bigmac states, Man City can just dictate a transfer fee.

They can all **** off.
May I deduce that you do not concur with this particular point of view Miles?

Yawn. It'd be nice if ex-player pundit types stopped discussing all this. Clearly they're all speaking from a position of putting themselves in Mahrez' shoes. Understandable I guess but hardly helpful. Add in the fact that most of them are clearly as thick as shit & nothing useful comes from it. The facts are actually really, really simple:

LCFC & Puel have (had?) a strategic plan for the 2nd half of the season regarding squad rotation, prioritisation of League & Cup, followed by a Summer transfer window for the manager to recruit/get rid & build his own squad. Sensible stuff.
This plan included a Mr R.Mahrez (an LCFC employee under contract) in an important role. Mr Mahrez was seemingly fine with all this...until a deliberately hostile bid from a rival firm 48 hours before the closure of the one & only recruitment window allowed until Summer. Suddenly Mr Mahrez is NOT fine with all this.
The rival firm were, quite rightly, told to stop taking the piss & stick their derisory offer up their ****ing arse.
This is the bit ex-player pundits don't get. Because the reason they're pundits is that any **** can sit on the telly or radio & spout complete bollocks in this saturated media age & get a nice wedge for it. None of them are managers or directors of clubs because they don't have the talent or intellect for it. If they did they'd maybe understand why LCFC are completely in the right over all of this. He's OUR player, under contract to US. **** all else matters.

As for Mr. Mahrez himself...well, get back to work you ****.

Great player or not you're not bigger than my club. Thanks very much for being so brilliant & helping to fulfill a dream I never thought possible. But stop believing your own hype & get on with the job you're handsomely paid to do. If you're depressed I suggest you come & live my life for a week to gain some much needed perspective. I'm having a medical this week...but it's not to decide if I get a 200k a week job I can ****ing assure you. We all know you'll be off in July. That's only a few months away. You're 26. Get a ****ing grip.

I'm not a cruel man by any means...but there is a small part of me that now hopes that you get your dream move in the Summer & then get a career ending injury on your debut.

That's how ****ing sick of all this shit I am.

This is all about owners running a business and not just a football team. They didn't need the money in the bank and were not prepared to sell a business asset below what they considered fair market value. The problem now is if he does come back and doesn't play to the levels he is capable of, his market value will be diminished in the summer and they will be even less interested in selling. This is a "no win" situation for us as we will still be paying wages that over a year would be equivalent to over a 5 million quid market value reduction. My hope is that he comes back this week, apologizes to the fans and the club for his behaviour and plays like he has over the past few months. Then in the summer we find a replacement (maybe Diabete will prove to be more than adequate) and get rid of the petulant, arrogant spoilt little shit - who I will always remember and love for the great things he did !

Yawn. It'd be nice if ex-player pundit types stopped discussing all this. Clearly they're all speaking from a position of putting themselves in Mahrez' shoes. Understandable I guess but hardly helpful. Add in the fact that most of them are clearly as thick as shit & nothing useful comes from it. The facts are actually really, really simple:

LCFC & Puel have (had?) a strategic plan for the 2nd half of the season regarding squad rotation, prioritisation of League & Cup, followed by a Summer transfer window for the manager to recruit/get rid & build his own squad. Sensible stuff.
This plan included a Mr R.Mahrez (an LCFC employee under contract) in an important role. Mr Mahrez was seemingly fine with all this...until a deliberately hostile bid from a rival firm 48 hours before the closure of the one & only recruitment window allowed until Summer. Suddenly Mr Mahrez is NOT fine with all this.
The rival firm were, quite rightly, told to stop taking the piss & stick their derisory offer up their ****ing arse.
This is the bit ex-player pundits don't get. Because the reason they're pundits is that any **** can sit on the telly or radio & spout complete bollocks in this saturated media age & get a nice wedge for it. None of them are managers or directors of clubs because they don't have the talent or intellect for it. If they did they'd maybe understand why LCFC are completely in the right over all of this. He's OUR player, under contract to US. **** all else matters.

As for Mr. Mahrez himself...well, get back to work you ****.

Great player or not you're not bigger than my club. Thanks very much for being so brilliant & helping to fulfill a dream I never thought possible. But stop believing your own hype & get on with the job you're handsomely paid to do. If you're depressed I suggest you come & live my life for a week to gain some much needed perspective. I'm having a medical this week...but it's not to decide if I get a 200k a week job I can ****ing assure you. We all know you'll be off in July. That's only a few months away. You're 26. Get a ****ing grip.

I'm not a cruel man by any means...but there is a small part of me that now hopes that you get your dream move in the Summer & then get a career ending injury on your debut.

That's how ****ing sick of all this shit I am.

Too funny - and so true !

Mercury reporting he isn't expected to show up tomorrow either.

If I was Puel I wouldn't want Mahrez around the club this week at all. We've got a game against Man City to prepare for and the moment Mahrez reappears, it will be all about him and not the game. Anyone else but Man City and it would be different.

I expect to see Mahrez back in training a week today with a view to him playing in the Cup match. If he isn't back then, then my patience will be done for and he won't deserve anyone to be supporting him any further.

I’m normally fairly staunch in the support of players almost to a fault.

I’m done with him - the petulant twat. He can go and **** himself and get out soonest - on OUR terms - that is.

Can anyone think of another example of a player believing that he’s outgrown a club and then going on strike?

Feels like this could only happen to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566