The Mahrez Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
What we paid for him is very relevant it means that he can sit where he is for the next 2 and a bit years no player is bigger than the club!
If we had paid 40 million for him he would have more leverage with club and would give the Chairman something to think about.
He is behaving like a child he is under contract end of story

If you inherited a house worth £200,000, would you let someone have it for nothing in two years?
After all, you paid nothing for it, so it's obviously not a loss to you.

I've got an even better conspiracy theory. Some won't be surprised to hear . . .

Apparently, there were some very odd betting patterns on Mahrez to Man City. Lots of speculation on Sky Sports leading to lots of bets on Sky Bet.

Not the first time that Sky have made a lot of money out of speculation that they've generated themselves.

I'm not saying that Man City weren't interested in Mahrez. but it seems that the two clubs never really got close to an agreement.

If you inherited a house worth £200,000, would you let someone have it for nothing in two years?
After all, you paid nothing for it, so it's obviously not a loss to you.
Jeff the point I am trying to make is about Mahrez himself and his rationale, he is refusing to play and I am genuinely trying to work out his bargaining stance, if he cost us a few bob he could use this to engineer his way out of the club, the fact that he did not gives him zero leverage imo.

Jeff the point I am trying to make is about Mahrez himself and his rationale, he is refusing to play and I am genuinely trying to work out his bargaining stance, if he cost us a few bob he could use this to engineer his way out of the club, the fact that he did not gives him zero leverage imo.

How many times...

His value to the club is not the same as how much he cost. How much we paid for him is IRRELEVANT.

Allied to this he has now ****ed up twice in two successive transfer windows.

He may well be bordering on unemployable.

What we paid for him is very relevant it means that he can sit where he is for the next 2 and a bit years no player is bigger than the club!
If we had paid 40 million for him he would have more leverage with club and would give the Chairman something to think about.
He is behaving like a child he is under contract end of story
How much did Spurs “pay” for Harry Kane?

Personally I find the whole situation deeply worrying. Nobody at the club seems to know where Mahrez is. Mahrez is a true professional and committed to Leicester. He is not the kind of man to leave team mates in the lurch.

My suspicion is that he has been abducted. If Leicester value Mahrez so highly how much will they pay Danny Murphy for his safe return.

I've got an even better conspiracy theory. Some won't be surprised to hear . . .

Apparently, there were some very odd betting patterns on Mahrez to Man City. Lots of speculation on Sky Sports leading to lots of bets on Sky Bet.

Not the first time that Sky have made a lot of money out of speculation that they've generated themselves.

I'm not saying that Man City weren't interested in Mahrez. but it seems that the two clubs never really got close to an agreement.

I do agree there is a very good theory here about how the betting markets can be swayed by the speculation.

But it’s one thing for punters to be fooled by all of that, but quite another for a player to think a deal was close? Or was he also just watching Sky Sports and the betting markets to get the latest on how close he was to moving?

didn't the initial story come from one of Man City's pet journalists

didn't the initial story come from one of Man City's pet journalists
Don’t let facts get in the way of a ridiculous conspiracy theory.

This is Garth Crook’s view on the matter:

“How tragic then that Leicester's love affair with Mahrez has come to such a dramatic impasse. With a little bit of common sense, everyone would have won. Mahrez gets his move to Manchester City, Manchester City get the player and Leicester get a vast sum of money well in excess of what they paid for him.

Now they have a distraction that will dominate their every press conference until it is resolved. Well done, Leicester.”

What a ****ing imbecile.

This is Garth Crook’s view on the matter:
With a little bit of common sense, everyone would have won. Leicester get a vast sum of money well in excess of what they paid for him.
This is the bit that I keep seeing, that I don't understand. If reports are to be believed, we would be accepting somewhere in the region of £25m-£30m less than our valuation of him. How does that count as a "win"?

This is the bit that I keep seeing, that I don't understand. If reports are to be believed, we would be accepting somewhere in the region of £25m-£30m less than our valuation of him. How does that count as a "win"?

And this links to my issue.

If club 1 make an enquiry for a player ascribing a certain value and club 2 respond with a wildly different valuation, why wasn't that the end of it?

It seems as though they talked further but never got anywhere close to an agreement.

Surely this sort of thing happens all the time and doesn't create headlines everywhere? The deal was never going to happen and there is no possible benefit for us in revealing any of this publicly.

So why did Man City go public when they were never that interested? And why was it reported as a deal likely to happen when it never was?

Mahrez is a pawn in a much bigger game here. Agents using media and media using agents to make lots of money, ultimately at our expense.

And this links to my issue.

If club 1 make an enquiry for a player ascribing a certain value and club 2 respond with a wildly different valuation, why wasn't that the end of it?

It seems as though they talked further but never got anywhere close to an agreement.

Surely this sort of thing happens all the time and doesn't create headlines everywhere? The deal was never going to happen and there is no possible benefit for us in revealing any of this publicly.

So why did Man City go public when they were never that interested? And why was it reported as a deal likely to happen when it never was?

Mahrez is a pawn in a much bigger game here. Agents using media and media using agents to make lots of money, ultimately at our expense.

Or/and Mahrez/pondscum agent had been approached directly and told of their interest in order to agitate the situation and force a knock down price?

Maybe Man City incorrectly thought we would cave in as most others do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566