the met

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont think he was talking about the gunman more the person who gave the go-ahead to shoot him based on the evidence

Well there's something fecking wrong with me for wanting the old bill to be heavy handed in dangerous times. The occasional mistaken identity, in my mind, is an acceptable risk for the overall outcome.
And actually I do feel a hell of a lot safer with armed police aboard my carriage.

I think a few people need to go out in to the real world and have a look at whats happening out there.

two words you're going to struggle with:-

responsible

and

murder

a state paid officer on duty acting under orders to kill, is that murder?

Why am I going to struggle with them? Why are you people so dramatic:icon_roll If he was acting under orders the he wasn't responsible,the person who wrongly identified him as a Terrorist was.Why can't you see that,why is that so hard to understand:icon_conf

i dont think he was talking about the gunman more the person who gave the go-ahead to shoot him based on the evidence

then you're into the other tricky word...

reponsible

London was being attacked. Our people were trying to defend it. that is a warzone.

It was criminality. To give it the notion of a warzone is to bestow these acts with more importance than they should and indeed must attract.

The IRA, the Army, The Proddies and others killed nearly 4000 people between them and I never heard any of this talk. There has been a large growth of "security experts" since 11/9 that rely on the acts like these being describe as "terrorist" by nature. :icon_roll

Am I the only person who can see both sides of this?

Or the only person who's prepared to admit that :102: :icon_wink

Well there's something fecking wrong with me for wanting the old bill to be heavy handed in dangerous times. The occasional mistaken identity, in my mind, is an acceptable risk for the overall outcome.
And actually I do feel a hell of a lot safer with armed police aboard my carriage.

:038:

I think a few people need to go out in to the real world and have a look at whats happening out there.

so because people dont share your view theyre not living in the real world...how fecking unbelievable :icon_roll

Just because people don't share your opinion Durham,it doesn't make thenm fools,ridiculous or living in another World.Maybe they may think you are being ridiculous and living in another World.I don't think its right to talk down to people,its just a difference of opinion there is no need to trat us all like we are stupid because we don't share your opinion

People are a lot closer to being involved in terrorist attacks than they will ever know. There are people working tirelesly to protect us from these attacks. Thats what happened on that day, those officers thought they were acting in our best interests. In an ideal world the guy wouldnt have been killed, its not an ideal world.

Did I say that?

Thats certainly how it comes across,you maynot be at all like that indeed I don't think you are but you are certainly coming acrodss has being a bit superior.We all have our opinions and like you said yourself that is all they are,nobody is being ridiculous or living in another world.

People are a lot closer to being involved in terrorist attacks than they will ever know. There are people working tirelesly to protect us from these attacks. Thats what happened on that day, those officers thought they were acting in our best interests. In an ideal world the guy wouldnt have been killed, its not an ideal world.

i can see that but on the flip side if were relying on these people protecting us then surely they should protect us from the right people and get there info correct :102:

i can see that but on the flip side if were relying on these people protecting us then surely they should protect us from the right people and get there info correct :102:

Or the alternative is they dont bother in case it goes wrong once?

You want the impossible, you want them to get it 100% correct everytime. Do you do that? Can anyone do that?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00