The new shirt is okay but... the why the heck did they change the design?

Status
Not open for further replies.
fcukcov said:
My email was about how they had shafted a 9 year old kid by telling him his deisgn had won but then changing it completely on the fianl design so JJB could wangle an extra few quid out of the new kit.

As is evidenced by riceys conversation it was clearly down to saving money in the making of the shirt. And as for realeasing publicity shots of a shirt that will never be made (suposedly) thats just a bag of wank. They have released those shots thinking it was the fianl shirt and have realised that the fans are not happy and the have royaly fecked the thing up and are now backtracking further than Noel edmonds slagging off a disabled kid.

:038: :icon_bigg :038:

Ricey said:
I've just spoken to Ben Swift on the phone and here are the points he made:

- The Alliance and Leicester logo is a new state of the art matieral that all the big clubs have been using for a number of years, it is a quality transfer that won't drop off in the wash. Another reason that the old style lettering wasn't used was because it would of either meant the pinstripes running behind the logo or special matieral being used with breaks in the pin-stripes which would of caused possible double or triple the amount of wastage which would of been costly.

- The pics on the OS are not of the final version of the kit, the background colour on the transfer has been altered further to match the shirt colour. Ben is hoping that it will look a lot better in final production.

- There are the same amount of pin-stripes on the shirt as there were on the graphic, they are just spread out more. The club tried having the pinstripes looking like they did in the 80's however according to Ben they didn't look right and looked too retro.

- The shorts shown in the pictures are again not the final versions, on some pictures the backs of the shorts hang lower than the front like a cape however Ben told me this was a comical mistake and they won't look like this when they go on sale.
He said the same thing to me.

fcukcov said:
My email was about how they had shafted a 9 year old kid by telling him his deisgn had won but then changing it completely on the fianl design so JJB could wangle an extra few quid out of the new kit.

As is evidenced by riceys conversation it was clearly down to saving money in the making of the shirt. And as for realeasing publicity shots of a shirt that will never be made (suposedly) thats just a bag of wank. They have released those shots thinking it was the fianl shirt and have realised that the fans are not happy and the have royaly fecked the thing up and are now backtracking further than Noel edmonds slagging off a disabled kid.
Exactly. And in my role as fans consultative committee member, having seen the comments saying this, I couldn't sit there and do nothing.

lazzer said:
thats very honest of you :038:
So you can say someone who posts on foxestalk is spineless but when I say they play championship manager a fecking inquiry is started.:icon_roll

fcukcov said:
So you can say someone who posts on foxestalk is spineless but when I say they play championship manager a fecking inquiry is started.:icon_roll

I never said that :icon_eek: i said leeh was for not commiting herself do pay attention leroy :icon_roll

lazzer said:
I never said that :icon_eek: i said leeh was for not commiting herself do pay attention leroy :icon_roll
sorry boss.

Fcuking hell, took ages to reply, but here's what I got:

Hi, sorry it has taken so long to get back to you. I am told that there are
seven stripes on the new shirt. The photograph you saw had seven stippes but
appeared to have fewer due to the way it had been photographed. I do like your
edited shirt.

Thank you for taking the time to let me know. Lets hope for a good season. I am
looking forward to it following our games under Rob and with the new signings
all of whom seem desperate to play for us and proud of playing for us.

Kind regards

Tim

P.S. He needs a fcuking spelling lesson

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584