The new "Things that piss you off" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charity bags being pushed through the door on a daily basis asking for clothes. We're moving house so have got a lot of clothes that we want to let go so we fill the bags up ready for pick up today.

As per usual they don't turn up to pick them up so we've been left with 6 bags sitting outside the house. What's the point?

Everything.

In no particular order:
People with no manners, men, play.com, running out of hand cream at work, very.co.uk. men, cats sicking up after eating my ribbon, wanting a new Cricut machine but knowing it is WAAAAY out my price range, men, old people who are ignorant and rude, running out of coffee, finding the perfect pair of boots only to discover it wil take over a month to get them and I wanted them inside 2 weeks, men,

did I mention men?

Everything.

In no particular order:
People with no manners, men, play.com, running out of hand cream at work, very.co.uk. men, cats sicking up after eating my ribbon, wanting a new Cricut machine but knowing it is WAAAAY out my price range, men, old people who are ignorant and rude, running out of coffee, finding the perfect pair of boots only to discover it wil take over a month to get them and I wanted them inside 2 weeks, men,

did I mention men?

:icon_lol:

In no particular order:

did I mention men?

I think you'll find that if you ask nicely, one of your most mentioned categories above would be able to help you out there :icon_wink

- Flatmates that don't wash up.
- Waking up every morning with a hangover.
- Lectures on soil.
- Flatmates that steal fags, food and booze off of me.

- Flatmates that don't wash up.
- Waking up every morning with a hangover.
- Lectures on soil.
- Flatmates that steal fags, food and booze off of me.

All of the above are fairly standard at uni. Except the third, which you have bought upon yourself for picking a stupid and no doubt dull subject!!:icon_bigg

All of the above are fairly standard at uni. Except the third, which you have bought upon yourself for picking a stupid and no doubt dull subject!!:icon_bigg

Everything I was told about Uni has turned out to be ture.

- Living like a slob. Check.
- Poisoning myself with too much booze and other substances. Check.
- Gash everywhere. CHECK.

Everything I was told about Uni has turned out to be ture.

- Living like a slob. Check.
- Poisoning myself with too much booze and other substances. Check.
- Gash everywhere. CHECK.

And lectures being purely optional, always playing second fiddle to staying in bed and watching high quality daytime TV.

I think you'll find that if you ask nicely, one of your most mentioned categories above would be able to help you out there :icon_wink

I don't think it's quite the same.......

Yet you have time to post on here, priorities?:102:

I got up late meaning I would miss one bus, but cos other people start at a different time bto me, I managed to cadge a lift from one of them. I was just waiting for them

And lectures being purely optional, always playing second fiddle to staying in bed and watching high quality daytime TV.

Without a TV license ;)

Removable Yoshimura baffles.

The only removable thing about them is the skin which used to languish on my knuckles.

Charity bags being pushed through the door on a daily basis asking for clothes. We're moving house so have got a lot of clothes that we want to let go so we fill the bags up ready for pick up today.

As per usual they don't turn up to pick them up so we've been left with 6 bags sitting outside the house. What's the point?

No point. Many are scams. Even the ones that are genuine often give very little to the charity itself and often rag the items directly without even trying to sell them as they are frequently third party collectors.

I know it takes effort but you really should take them to a charity shop if you possibly can instead.

No point. Many are scams. Even the ones that are genuine often give very little to the charity itself and often rag the items directly without even trying to sell them as they are frequently third party collectors.

I know it takes effort but you really should take them to a charity shop if you possibly can instead.

We normally do and would have done again had we not been trying to clear the house quickly before we move out.
What I don't understand is how can they be a scam? What do they get out of us leaving bags on the front not to be collected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669