The number of games lost this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychotic.fox

So far we have lost 13 league games and we've still got 8 games to go. This is supposed to be a promotion hunting season, a season where , if a team is good enough, shouldn't lose too many games. Who's kidding who here though. in 2008/9 season , we got relegated after losing 16 games out of the 46, just 3 more losses than we currently have this season. If we lose 3 more games and still manage , by some miracle to , to stay in the playoff places, will the season be deemed a success, even though we lost as many games as we did in the clubs LOWEST EVER final league position. It is blatantly clear to me that we have progressed as a club very little since those dark days of 2008/9.A question for you all..Are all those inept and empty performances that we have seen this season been any different from those 5 years ago. apart from a couple of games where we scored 6 goals against very poor opposition.

Re: The amount of games lost this season

So far we have lost 13 league games and we've still got 8 games to go. This is supposed to be a promotion hunting season, a season where , if a team is good enough, shouldn't lose too many games. Who's kidding who here though. in 2008/9 season , we got relegated after losing 16 games out of the 46, just 3 more losses than we currently have this season. If we lose 3 more games and still manage , by some miracle to , to stay in the playoff places, will the season be deemed a success, even though we lost as many games as we did in the clubs LOWEST EVER final league position. It is blatantly clear to me that we have progressed as a club very little since those dark days of 2008/9.A question for you all..Are all those inept and empty performances that we have seen this season been any different from those 5 years ago. apart from a couple of games where we scored 6 goals against very poor opposition.

Not quite right there.

Last edited:

If we lose 3 more games and still manage , by some miracle to , to stay in the playoff places, will the season be deemed a success, even though we lost as many games as we did in the clubs LOWEST EVER final league position.

We only lost 4 games when we finished in our lowest ever league position.

It is blatantly clear to me that we have progressed as a club very little since those dark days of 2008/9.A question for you all..Are all those inept and empty performances that we have seen this season been any different from those 5 years ago. apart from a couple of games where we scored 6 goals against very poor opposition.

We had some really bad defeats that season. This season our biggest league defeat is 1-0. We have the best goal difference in the division.

It really is an absolute disgrace, no way do we deserve to be in the play-off places. I think we should start a campaign to get the league to do something about this travesty.

We only lost 4 games when we finished in our lowest ever league position.

We had some really bad defeats that season. This season our biggest league defeat is 1-0. We have the best goal difference in the division.

Really? :icon_wink

Don't want to be pedantic or anything, but I think "amount" refers to mass nouns.

Last edited:

Don't want to be pedantic or anything, but I think "amount" refers to mass nouns.

And how exactly do you suppose we quantify the number of games we've lost?

The most telling issue is how many games we have lost in the last 6 or 7 weeks.

To flog a well worn cliche ' the table doesn't lie' at this stage of the season and we deserve to be in 6th place.

But sadly we currently have no momentum to carry us through to the finishing line. Hopefully, Mr Pearson will find the magic dust to put this right in the spring sunshine of Portugal even tho' a good proportion of his squad don't happen to be there.

I don't remember certain posters posting much in January.

Sorry - don't mean to offend but these particular posts from you and Miles Away are typical of the sloppy thinking which irritates me.

Of course people like me weren't whinging in January. Can you work out why this was so? Let me help you: it's because we were doing well then. There isn't a lot of point sending in posts just confirming that all is well when everybody already knows that.

When we are doing badly...sorry disastrously - then its a different matter. We moan and offer wonderfully incisive reasons why we are crap.

That's the way it works. Geddit?

So in short, things are only worth talking about when they are shit?

That's a bleak worldview.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673