The official, though undoubtedly misunderstood or derided, 24/25 VAR thread

Fans see what they want to see.

On Saturday, Skipp could easily have been sent off. The foul which led to our first goal was incredibly soft and manufactured by Vardy.

Do we go on about these things? No. Because we don't want to see them. In some respects, it's our job to be biased.

We only want to see the 'foul' on Vardy before the first Arsenal goal and the fouls by Calafiori.

I don't think there is any evidence that officials are biased. They can be influenced by circumstances and this is one of the main reasons I've always supported VAR. It provides for a more detached independence.

It's also why I started this thread to try to share the viewpoint of Dale Johnson (ESPN) more. He provides explanations and compares decisions from different games which I think can be really helpful.

On the first Arsenal goal, once the onfield ref allows the challenge from Saliba on Vardy, there is no way VAR gets involved. Nobody would have given it a second thought if the ref had blown for a foul on Vardy but it isn't a clear foul so a referee will make a call and the one he made was fair enough.
Totally agree. I thought it was a foul at the time; I was convinced of it. Then they showed a replay of it later on and it looked incredibly soft. I'm not surprised it wasn't given.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Tottenham 610
9Brighton69
10Nottm F69
11Bournemouth68