The Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.
apparently jimmy page and leona lewis are gonna perform 'whole lotta love' at the closing ceremony....bit of a strange combo :102:
I'll bet Robert Plant is shitting himself that she'll upstage and humiliate him.

Page will never work with Plant again, Plant will be hounded out of the music biz, and Lewis will go down alongside Hendrix, Scott, Powell, Moon, Cobain etc in rock music folklore.

Either that, or she'll be totally our of her depth and comfort zone. Can't see it though.

4x100m

US and GB men didnt even make the final. Pickering started running before Devonish was even near him, muppet.

At least the GB women managed to get through, the US Women like the men didnt make the final :)

Last edited:
Judging from the individual women's 100 metre final I think it's safe to say the Jamaicans have the relay gold all sown up and probably the men too.

Last edited:
4x100m

US and GB men didnt even make the final. Pickering started running before Devonish was even near him, muppet.

At least the GB women managed to get through, the US Women like the men didnt make the final :)
Thats what we get for picking a white sprinter :bang: :icon_razz

Good news about the sailing gold today, I guess it makes up for Idowu missing out.

Not really much else for us to go for now. I think we have 5 decent gold medal chances left, 3 of them in the boxing ring, so hopefully they can finish the tournament in style. Semis tomorrow

GB set a new target of 20 golds

really don't know why they had to go and do that. they exceed expectation, anything else is a bonus. as it happens the last couple of days has seen some good old fashioned British near misses.

If anyone else was running these times I'd be suspicious but because he has such a long stride length I can believe he is clean.

He will also have been tested very frequently since he first broke the 100m record in May.

The Jamaican team were also complaining about the number of times he and Powell were being tested at the Olympic village

anuvver gold for some bloke in some boat

Woohoo Go Team-GB

There's some sport on now involving two blokes just kicking each other

It's quality sport at it's best

Reade got to the BMX final but crashed on the final bend as she tried to overtake the leader.

For a world champion BMX-er she's crap at going round corners.

Out of 6 races she only managed to get round 3 times without coming off and it was her cornering that let the French woman through into the lead which meant she had to chase.

I now fear that we are going to have a massive expectation for our own games in 4 years time, and that we aren't going to deliver. It's going to be a long time IMO before we have an Olympic Games as successful as this one.

I now fear that we are going to have a massive expectation for our own games in 4 years time, and that we aren't going to deliver. It's going to be a long time IMO before we have an Olympic Games as successful as this one.

id go along with that

Exactly why this is the worst Olympics since 1904 for Sweden (when we didn't compete) - we're building up for London.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669