The prem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Nobody mentioned anything about teams drawing here and there.

Portsmouth have yet to claim a point. 0% points, no wins no draws, zilch, sweat fa.
The worst start by any prem team.

Go on pedants, fill yer boots:icon_roll

Portsmouth have the worst losing run at the start of the season.

But whether they have the worst ever start to a season depends on how you define "start".

When does the start of the season end?

4 games?
6 games?
10 games?
20 games?

Profondo Rosso

Nobody mentioned anything about teams drawing here and there.

Portsmouth have yet to claim a point. 0% points, no wins no draws, zilch, sweat fa.
The worst start by any prem team.

Go on pedants, fill yer boots:icon_roll

Nobody mentioned anything about not including draws either. Nobody mentioned how we should measure what is the worst "start" at all.

It's the most consecutive defeats from the start of the season since the Premiership has begun, you can say that, sure.

Saying it's the worst start, could be said for many things, Derby only got something like 6 pts from their first 19 games, that was a pretty horendous start. That could be said to be the worst start if you weer measuring in 19 games, Leicester lost to Bolton 5-0 on the opening day, that would be a worst start than Portsmouth's if you just count a start as 1 game.

You could also say the start is the longest run without winning in which case I can guarentee Portsmouth aren't there yet.

Brauny Blue

Portsmouth have the worst losing run at the start of the season.

But whether they have the worst ever start to a season depends on how you define "start".

When does the start of the season end?

4 games?
6 games?
10 games?
20 games?

Nobody mentioned anything about not including draws either. Nobody mentioned how we should measure what is the worst "start" at all.

It's the most consecutive defeats from the start of the season since the Premiership has begun, you can say that, sure.

Saying it's the worst start, could be said for many things, Derby only got something like 6 pts from their first 19 games, that was a pretty horendous start. That could be said to be the worst start if you weer measuring in 19 games, Leicester lost to Bolton 5-0 on the opening day, that would be a worst start than Portsmouth's if you just count a start as 1 game.

You could also say the start is the longest run without winning in which case I can guarentee Portsmouth aren't there yet.

Get a bloody life the pair of you !!!:icon_lol: Oh i forgot.......

Billyjof

Just got back from the pub watching the Manchester derby.

Good to see Owen scoring maybe he is not done yet like so many have said he might be. Good for England to have options.

City have to be feeling pretty raw though 6 mins stoppage what the feck was that all about. I though 4 was excessive okay subs takes up some of that time.

I cheered for City when they got it back to 3-3.

Jammy united yet again.

Last edited:

Profondo Rosso

I'm no ManUtd fan but I'd much rather see them do well than ManCity, who embody everything I despise about the current game. I cheered when Owen scored. ;) And good on him too, I'd like to see him getting back firing with the World Cup coming up.

Last edited:

cleefox

I'm no ManUtd fan but I'd much rather see them do well than ManCity, who embody everything I despise about the current game. I cheered when Owen scored. ;) And good on him too, I'd like to see him getting back firing with the World Cup coming up.

While I understand where you are coming from and agree with you, Manure were in the same situation when they dominated the Premier through their financial clout. (Oh and before any closet Manure fans start to claim I'm jealous of their success, I've disliked them since the early 70s when they were s**t, main reason summed up by todays game, anyone else spot the "Grimsby Reds" flag? Tossers.)

Redditch Fox

Just got back from the pub watching the Manchester derby.

Good to see Owen scoring maybe he is not done yet like so many have said he might be. Good for England to have options.

City have to be feeling pretty raw though 6 mins stoppage what the feck was that all about. I though 4 was excessive okay subs takes up some of that time.

I cheered for City when they got it back to 3-3.

Jammy united yet again.

Its accepted that in these situations that play continues until United score.

highland fox

Every goal Liverpool have conceded this season,apart from Penalties, has come from a set piece.Benitez still sticks with the awful zonal marking

MKFox

Every goal Liverpool have conceded this season,apart from Penalties, has come from a set piece.Benitez still sticks with the awful zonal marking
here we go again, with his dreadful scouse fixation....

Matt_B

Don't know if it's been mentioned (I can't believe it's not) but according to MOTD they took the record from us, from 26 years ago.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Don't know if it's been mentioned (I can't believe it's not) but according to MOTD they took the record from us, from 26 years ago.

I think the record they have set is just a Premier League record, rather than a top-flight one.

I too heard them say this on MotD. In fact it's not true - they have only *equalled* our 6-game losing run at the start of the 1983/84 season. And I'm not even sure that was a record.

highland fox

thought nugents goals were pretty good on saturday

I work in Preston with a couple of PNE fans and they detest him for going to Burnley.
Quite like Burnley,one thing I noticed is if you walk around Burnley Town Centre then you see lots of people in Burnley shirts and not Man Utd shirts like you do in Blackburn etc.I'm still bitter with Blackburn fans over them beating us in that play off final and making me cry that afternoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669