The prem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I think the record they have set is just a Premier League record, rather than a top-flight one.

I too heard them say this on MotD. In fact it's not true - they have only *equalled* our 6-game losing run at the start of the 1983/84 season. And I'm not even sure that was a record.

The record for the most consecutive defeats at the start of the season is 12, set by Man Utd in 1930.
They beat Birmingham in their 13th game, but were back to their losing ways with a 5-4 defeat at Filbert St in the next game.

Last edited:

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
The record for the most consecutive defeats at the start of the season is 12, set by Man Utd in 1930.
They beat Birmingham in their 13th game, but were back to their losing ways with a 5-4 defeat at Filbert St in the next game.

I knew 6 would not be the record. MotD are talking bollocks one way or the other.

glyn

Another defeat for Liverpool.

Benny for the sack anyone :102:

The Prem is actually fairly interesting so far this year with a bunched up top 8. But it's still made for ManU to stumble to a 4th consecutive title despite their patchy midfield.

But the Arse were absolutely shocking until March last season and easily made it to the top 4, so it's still early days!

FoxCovert

Have you seen the goal though?! :icon_lol:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-m3agxvwYY[/YOUTUBE]

Just watched highlights on MOTD. At the start the inflatable appears to be in the corner of Reinas goal, or at least behind the corner of the net. Reina surely has to be at fault here for not being aware of it drifting to the edge of the 6 yard area. Its big enough, surely he would have been aware of it and had time to puncture or clear it. If not him then one of the officials as it clearly had the potential to interfere with play. It wasn't like an ordinary ballon which would not have had the weight to cause such a deflection.

MKFox

love the way it was a scouser who threw it on!

jb5000

Something like this happens and the ref is suppossed to stop play and restart with a dropball. The law is pretty clear here, he's completely ****ed up.

drummindefender

Good move by MOTD to block his face because no doubt some idiot would take things too far. Dunno if any of the papers haven't been as kind though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669