The race for the Top 4

Assuming Man City and Man Utd are already locked in, who else will finish in the Top 4?

• Leicester

• West Ham

• Chelsea

• Liverpool

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean:

Chelsea fail to win
OR
Liverpool fail to win
OR
We batter Spurs and Chelsea draw
OR
We batter Spurs and overtake Liverpool
All very unlikely imo.

And the win for us against Spurs is far from a gimmie as they are playing for a win to avoid the Euro LDV Vans Trophy and also still playing for the finish above arsenal trophy too.

The only real saving grace for us is that we haven't missed out right at the very last game but the last but one game doesn't feel much better.

Offers for Tielemans will start rolling in, in the morning as everyone will want to snap him up before he is player of the tournament at the Euros and adds another £10m to his price tag.

I just hope the lack of CL football next season doesn't mean we lose too many.

I’m not sure we’re in any place to sing this ever again..... ‘It’s happened again, it’s happened again, Tottenham Hotspur, it’s happened again...’

Offers for Tielemans will start rolling in, in the morning as everyone will want to snap him up before he is player of the tournament at the Euros and adds another £10m to his price tag.

I just hope the lack of CL football next season doesn't mean we lose too many.

Youri and Ndidi will be on many clubs lists. If both us and spurs are in the Euro cup but spurs have shitloads to spend from Kane sale would Ted be tempted?

Seriously? That's your take after that? They worked hard and despite lacking quality I think the scoreline flattered Liverpool. They played better than we did last night, do we have any business being in the PL?
I haven’t really based the merits of them or us on one game sweet cheeks.

Pressure off.

Let’s see what happens on Saturday when we parade the cup in front of those perennial losers.

I remain bizarrely nonplussed. If Liverpool rattle off 5 wins in a row to pip us, well...shrug
This.

We didn't crumble, we didn't bottle anything, we (if we finish 5th) were outpaced at the end of the season by the champions who had a far easier run-in, have a far bigger budget, a better squad etc.

If we finish 5th, I also see this as a sacrifice, I really do. I think we would've beaten Chelsea on Tuesday had we not won on Sunday. Mentally and physically it would've been different.

I'd trade the FA Cup for CL entry any day. However, we need to keep finishing in the top 6 next season, to further our "appeal" and really cement ourselves as a big club.

But this season means we won the FA Cup and have one again finished in the top 6. What a phenomenal season.

Seems an odd place to post it then?
Why does it. I said Burnley have no business in the PL. I didn’t say, “based on this one occasion I don’t believe that Burnley are one of the 20 best teams in the country”.

What pisses me off most is that Liverpool (& Chelsea) who’s owners stuck 2 fingers up at LCFC, other clubs and the CL four weeks ago, apologise and then just squirm back in as if nothing has happened. They shouldn’t even be allowed in the thing next season. They’d shamelessly walked out of the CL yet on Sunday they’ll celebrate getting in it again like they’ve won the World Cup!!
The people that run football are a spineless joke for even letting this happen!

Why does it. I said Burnley have no business in the PL. I didn’t say, “based on this one occasion I don’t believe that Burnley are one of the 20 best teams in the country”.

If not based on this game why do you think they shouldn't be in the league then? They're 11 points clear of the absolute duffers that got relegated and will most likely finish above the 3 that went last season that are like unflushable turds that are about to reappear in August. There's a huge gulf in quality between the bigger sides and everyone else. Most of the league aren't anything special but they do belong here as the championship is even worse.

Pressure off.

Let’s see what happens on Saturday when we parade the cup in front of those perennial losers.

I remain bizarrely nonplussed. If Liverpool rattle off 5 wins in a row to pip us, well...shrug

That's great, except it means we more than likely lose our best player(s) and the club misses a huge opportunity to build on achievements.

It's another huge **** up in my book, especially when you consider the games we've thrown away recently.

If not based on this game why do you think they shouldn't be in the league then? They're 11 points clear of the absolute duffers that got relegated and will most likely finish above the 3 that went last season that are like unflushable turds that are about to reappear in August. There's a huge gulf in quality between the bigger sides and everyone else. Most of the league aren't anything special but they do belong here as the championship is even worse.
They play the most boring turgid brand of football imaginable and they have done it consistently over their PL existence. There are many teams in the Championship who would probably be more entertaining, but that is just my opinion. I’m not trying to be elitist.

That's great, except it means we more than likely lose our best player(s) and the club misses a huge opportunity to build on achievements.

It's another huge **** up in my book, especially when you consider the games we've thrown away recently.
Yeah I just don’t expect that to happen.

Th

They play the most boring turgid brand of football imaginable and they have done it consistently over their PL existence. There are many teams in the Championship who would probably be more entertaining, but that is just my opinion. I’m not trying to be elitist.

They don't do the sideways across the back line shite that others try and fail to do well. Often their style looks bad when it doesn't work but if they get goals then fast from defence to goal is entertaining enough. Many of our games have been turgid or filled with errors due to having to play a certain style. It's funny how dyche is seen as a dinosaur for wanting the ball in the box but Parker gets linked with jobs at spurs etc when his tactics appear to be telling players to run around aimlessly for 90mins and hope for the best.

They don't do the sideways across the back line shite that others try and fail to do well. Often their style looks bad when it doesn't work but if they get goals then fast from defence to goal is entertaining enough. Many of our games have been turgid or filled with errors due to having to play a certain style. It's funny how dyche is seen as a dinosaur for wanting the ball in the box but Parker gets linked with jobs at spurs etc when his tactics appear to be telling players to run around aimlessly for 90mins and hope for the best.

yeah I don’t know why Parker is linked with others either.

yeah I don’t know why Parker is linked with others either.

Also Nuno at Wolves....old school mostly negative shithouse stuff like Burnley. He's a tactical genius rather than a dyche.

There's plenty meh sides. Sometimes good to watch and sometimes dire.

Hey, despite it looking almost certain we'll finish 5th, at least we aren't Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur, or Manchester City. Imagine being a supporter of those clubs in their current state. It must be hard to be happy when they win to be honest, I know their fans look happy when they score/win, but with every single milligram of happiness they feel, two milligrams of emptiness arrive, given them all a net 'hollowed out' feeling. They all know it too, but just ignore that feeling, hoping that any perceived success they 'enjoy' makes the acrid taste of supporting the nastiness and greed go away. Well fans of the greedy sicks, it won't go away, it never will. Sorry about that. Enjoy your Champions League campaigns. No, really, enjoy it - go on, I dare you.

Hey, despite it looking almost certain we'll finish 5th, at least we aren't Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur, or Manchester City. Imagine being a supporter of those clubs in their current state. It must be hard to be happy when they win to be honest, I know their fans look happy when they score/win, but with every single milligram of happiness they feel, two milligrams of emptiness arrive, given them all a net 'hollowed out' feeling. They all know it too, but just ignore that feeling, hoping that any perceived success they 'enjoy' makes the acrid taste of supporting the nastiness and greed go away. Well fans of the greedy sicks, it won't go away, it never will. Sorry about that. Enjoy your Champions League campaigns. No, really, enjoy it - go on, I dare you.
Love this.

On a separate note . . . if we don't make it too 5th, I think Europa League should be a win target next season. Some amazing teams in the competition, but why shouldn't we go for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566