The Reborn Foreign Football Thread

**** everything about this World Cup. I hope everyone boycotts it.
Couldn't agree more. I won't be spending any of my time watching this bollocks in ****ing winter. & the next one won't be any better either. 2 of the 3 countries hosting it couldn't give a toss about the sport in general & the expansion to 48 (!) teams will mean plenty of group games will be between complete piles of toss that make it laughable to call it an elite event. The WC is, as everything else, ****ed thanks to money.

When I was a kid 16 teams & a 2 week tournament seemed like a festival of football. As the game got to a higher standard across the world it went to 24 & thats where it should have ****ing stayed. They may as well scrap qualifying from now on & just send out invitations. Less pointless international breaks & the record books wouldn't be troubled by stupid goalscorer stats based on bagging hat tricks against Moldova & Gibraltar.

Oh, & a message for women : if you think that your " dream job " is anywhere in the middle east, get your head tested. Barbaric ****ing shithole.

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who plans on not watching the World Cup. I didn't watch any of the Winter Olympics for very similar reasons too.

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who plans on not watching the World Cup. I didn't watch any of the Winter Olympics for very similar reasons too.
Never did bother with the winter games. My memories of it are mostly of my mam staying up late to watch the skating. Always watched the summer games though but no longer do. Since the 90s it's just been a case of spot-the-junkie & its not even a challenge (because it's all of them) I've just moved from Braunstone to New Parks. In either place if I want to watch people off their tits on drugs running about I only have to go for a walk.

Money = ruin. In so many things. I'd be happier to see more money in the pockets of regular people & a lot less in sport & entertainment.

Btw, have any of the women who won the curling been in the tabloids in their bra & pants yet? I'm expecting it.

I did watch the England semi at the 2018 WC and I'm still furious with myself for bothering. That was as corrupt as this year's nonsense.

The Euros pulled me in at the semi final stage too but my main interest was seeing Schmeichel. I'm like an ex-junkie that still needs a bit of methodone.

I desperately want to detach entirely from international sport because it is awful. By having the WC in Qatar in fecking November, they might just have successfully got me off it forever.

I have no interest in it whatsoever beyond a general awareness of how City players are getting on. It's reassuring to see that this may well be the tournament that kills it for many more people too.

I'm planning to spend the WC visiting family in New Zealand (if we can) and ignoring the tournament completely, it will be the first time I've been able to go there in the summer

I won't be watching a ****ing minute of it

I'm planning to spend the WC visiting family in New Zealand (if we can) and ignoring the tournament completely, it will be the first time I've been able to go there in the summer

I it was a choice even at the best of times between a visit to New Zealand and watching the World Cup the former would always win.

Knowing full well that the Russians will probably be banned anyway so Poland will qualify by default. Nice bit of politics & PR though. Always good to appear to be humanitarian & a great bunch of lads.
They should not have to act before their governing body.

Ukrainian Roman Yaremchuk received a huge reception, and the captain's armband, when he came on as a sub for Benfica this weekend

Raith Rovers sign David Goodwillie, and as a result lose two directors, two sponsors, and the women’s team captain. They’ve since released this appallingly misguided statement:
https://www.raithrovers.net/52429/club-statement-10.htm
Having seen the furore over Raith Rovers signing David Goodwillie from Clyde, Clyde have this week signed David Goodwillie from Raith Rovers on loan. Their entire women’s team has immediately resigned, and North Lanarkshire Council have banned him from the stadium, which they own.
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport...s/david-goodwillie-hit-clyde-stadium-26379447

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263
9Middlesbro4363
10Preston 4363