The run in

Status
Not open for further replies.
.... If Pboro and Millwall also win their next two games! :icon_wink

Even if they drop points i think it is vital we win the next two. Otherwise I dont hold out much hope against Leeds, Southend and Scunthorpe.

I am less confident but I think the return of King and Howard will provide fresh impetus. I think the Peterboro result will now set them up as the team to beat and I can see teams raising their game and them slipping up a couple of times in the forthcoming weeks.

So are mk dons out the picture now? peterborough having to play millwall is the the key. mind you leeds is not an easy match either we must win the next two...and i still think mad dog might nick a point from the posh for us!!!

Boro will have no problems with Millwall, they are a mediocre side, a bit like us on current form.

Very worried now however I can't help but think if we do go up with this current bunch we will get battered week in week out in the championship. Only Tunchev is capable of playing in the championship out of our bunch. Maybe Howard and Oakley on their day but Oakley is too inconsistent. I thought when we get relegated we were going to build a good young squad and go up with fresh young hungry players. How wrong was I, all we have got is loanees what is going to happen when these all go back. Really worried for our future at the minute.

Very worried now however I can't help but think if we do go up with this current bunch we will get battered week in week out in the championship. Only Tunchev is capable of playing in the championship out of our bunch. Maybe Howard and Oakley on their day but Oakley is too inconsistent. I thought when we get relegated we were going to build a good young squad and go up with fresh young hungry players. How wrong was I, all we have got is loanees what is going to happen when these all go back. Really worried for our future at the minute.

Such a typical Leicester fan with so much pessimism. I'm not worried considering this is our lowest point in our history so, in reality, the only way is up. Why be so pessimistic when you have no idea what's in Pearson's mind. You make it seem like he won't bother adding to the squad...:bang::102:

Such a typical Leicester fan with so much pessimism. I'm not worried considering this is our lowest point in our history so, in reality, the only way is up. Why be so pessimistic when you have no idea what's in Pearson's mind. You make it seem like he won't bother adding to the squad...:bang::102:

Yes of course he will add to the squad and like last year it will take ages for the team to mould and we will end up in the same position as we are in now.

Really worried for our future at the minute.

FFS get a grip man!!!

After we are promoted we will be allowed to get new players in who should be more than capable of 'competing in the Championship.

Pearson has done a good job of assembling a team capable of getting out of this division - which is what he was asked to do. As for the loanees, don't you think it remotely possible that some of these would prefer to stay with us rather than back to reserve team football (if at all) with their current clubs.

FFS get a grip man!!!

After we are promoted we will be allowed to get new players in who should be more than capable of 'competing in the Championship.

Pearson has done a good job of assembling a team capable of getting out of this division - which is what he was asked to do. As for the loanees, don't you think it remotely possible that some of these would prefer to stay with us rather than back to reserve team football (if at all) with their current clubs.

What loanees are going to stay possibly Hobbs? Maybe Gilbert who is league 1 quality anyway. We should of signed some players at the start of the season and got a good team together for next season. But no we just loaned players and signed old players e.g Edworthy and Powell and Dickov.

What loanees are going to stay possibly Hobbs? Maybe Gilbert who is league 1 quality anyway. We should of signed some players at the start of the season and got a good team together for next season. But no we just loaned players and signed old players e.g Edworthy and Powell and Dickov.

Yes, what an utter disaster Pearson hgas been in the transfer market eh??!!

Yes, what an utter disaster Pearson hgas been in the transfer market eh??!!

I suppose he has done well in the transfer market. But he hasn't signed any good players the good ones are on loan. His signings that I can think of are Dyer and Morrison and to be honest neither are great. I'm not criticising Nige he is a legend of course !

It is only Millwall who count in terms of how it may effect us. They have won a lot of games this season with very late goals. I cannot remember them dropping too many points in the final few minutes though so maybe their luck will change in the run in.

We win on saturday and the picture will change again.

Milwall have won 4 games this season with last minute goals and drawn 2. They have also won 2 games in the last 5 minutes. If my maths is correct that's 14 points.

I think 2 wins for us and they won't catch us.

Yes of course he will add to the squad and like last year it will take ages for the team to mould and we will end up in the same position as we are in now.

When you say "take ages for the team to mould", you mean something like

Played 13 Won 10 Drawn 1 Lost 2 ( and one of those was a prem team)?

And by "same position as we are in now" you mean 4 points clear at the top of the table?

Well, I dunno about you, but I'd take that happily.

I suppose he has done well in the transfer market. But he hasn't signed any good players the good ones are on loan. His signings that I can think of are Dyer and Morrison and to be honest neither are great. I'm not criticising Nige he is a legend of course !

Sounds like a criticism to me.

Nothing wrong with either of them. They have been a big part of us being 4 points clear at the top of the table. How many games have they each played.

Morrison is a young raw defender who will only get better over the next few years. Dyer played really well and created loads of goals in the early part of the season. He's just been a bit poor as of late but were still top.

I think we'll be just fine with the majority of this squad. I'm sure he will tinker with a few people and bring some players in. I can see a few players going and a few coming in.

A regular keeper is needed. Back up strikers are needed and a midfielder or 2 imo. I think the defence will be fine. I think Hobbs will stay and with Hobbs, Morrison, Tunchev, Kisnorbo, Mattock, we are fine in that department.

Your ****ing nuts.

Sounds like a criticism to me.

Nothing wrong with either of them. They have been a big part of us being 4 points clear at the top of the table. How many games have they each played.

Morrison is a young raw defender who will only get better over the next few years. Dyer played really well and created loads of goals in the early part of the season. He's just been a bit poor as of late but were still top.

I think we'll be just fine with the majority of this squad. I'm sure he will tinker with a few people and bring some players in. I can see a few players going and a few coming in.

A regular keeper is needed. Back up strikers are needed and a midfielder or 2 imo. I think the defence will be fine. I think Hobbs will stay and with Hobbs, Morrison, Tunchev, Kisnorbo, Mattock, we are fine in that department.

do you ? i think we have a good few unproven championship players (not their fault granted) and most ofthe others are proven in the championship....proven to be not good enough which contributed to us being relegated.you could argue that was down more to the manager at the time rather than the players but lets not kid ourselves,we need more than a bit of tinkering here and there.our strikeforce hit very few goals in championship football last season and our midfield were poor,yes we appear ok in defence but the defence wasn't that bad under holloway,it was more that we could neither create or score goals against championship opposition,i fail to see why with the current squad it would be any different.i think we need to bring in a good few players myself or rely on some quality loan signings

Morrison looks excellent IMO. I think he could be a massive player for this club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669