The run in

Status
Not open for further replies.
full time 2-2! great! leeds can shove that one right up their arses!

we only have to get 4 more points to guarantee a finish above leeds...win on saturday and we can more or less say goodbye to them.....oh how a result can change the look of things!

And what is the chances of them getting 87? I'd say pretty low.

If today was just a blip and with their current form, I would say them acheiving 87 points would not be out of the question.

They have 'on paper' a pretty easy run in.

Last edited:
If today was just a blip and with their current form, I would say them acheiving 87 points would not be out of the question.

I can see them at least drawing one of their remaining games. Tramere are on form at the moment, they have to come to us and going away to hartlepool won't be easy.....lets hope! I really shouldn't be bothered by them anyhow....unfortunately our form has created this stupidity!

If we draw at home to Leeds, they could only finish above us if they overturned a 15 goal difference in 4 matches. In other words, don't let them beat us at home and that's them out of the equation.

Similar issue with Scunthorpe. In addition to the above, if we beat them in our match at home, they can't overtake us either.

MK Dons haven't a prayer of doing it based on recent form.

Our threat is from Millwall and Peterbro. The fact that they have to play each other on Monday is extremely good for us.

On the bright side, it could all be done and dusted this time next week. We could hit the boozers after our game on Monday afternoon and celebrate promotion as the Wall/Boro score comes in.

Alternatively, Millwall could be one point behind us with 3 games to play with Peterbro 1 point above us.

sod the lot of them! lets just win our remaining games and stop teasing!

On the bright side, it could all be done and dusted this time next week. We could hit the boozers after our game on Monday afternoon and celebrate promotion as the Wall/Boro score comes in.

If MK don't beat Southend, Millwall lose on Friday, and we win at Hereford, a win against Leeds will guarantee promotion.
Then we can support Millwall against Peterborough.

Last edited:
If Millwall lose on Friday and we win at Hereford, a win against Leeds will guarantee promotion.
Then we can support Millwall against Peterborough.

Suddenly all this doom and gloom on here seems a bit too much when you put it like that!

Who are Millwall playing Friday?

Yeovil are by no means safe, so they will be pushing for a win!

like wise hereford will be be fighting for their league one status as well

- we should stop looking over our shoulder and concentrate on the winning post.

Last edited:
like wise hereford will be be fighting for their league one status as well

- we should stop looking over our shoulder and concentrate on the winning post.

We just need to batter them from the off and

a) our defenders...defend,
b) our midfield string some passes together and actually put some tackles in,
c) our strikers hit the target,
d) hope their keeper doesn't play a blinder,
e) and when we actually get in front...we stay in front.

Easy then, 3 pts sorted!:icon_roll

Last edited:
The truth is at the moment we are too reliant on other teams slipping up rather than the performances of our team. Simple fact is we have been on a poor run and we need to address that immediately, if we can put together a decent run of results over the next 5 games then not only will we be promoted but most likely as Champions.

We have to concentrate on what we can effect, which is our own performances and results. It is in our hands and Pearson needs to pull the club together for one last push towards promotion.

comes to something when you are reduced to cheering on the likes of leyton orient and yeovil.i agree with pfka we need to pull our own fingers out and stop hoping x can beat y

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669