The scoreboard clock... !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
good man :038:,as it dose not state that the clock has to stop on 90 mins ,it only say's that there has to be two 45 min of play plus added time

What you quoted was from the Laws of the Football - it doesn't even mention the clock. There is also a whole load of regualtions about wht you can and can not put up on the board - the thing about it stopping at 45:00 and 90:00 is in there.

What you quoted was from the Laws of the Football - it doesn't even mention the clock. There is also a whole load of regualtions about wht you can and can not put up on the board - the thing about it stopping at 45:00 and 90:00 is in there.

would there be such a rule for the stadium announcer not to be allowed to mutter 2 minutes, 2 and a half minutes etc as time elapses? though that would probably be even more irritating than not knowing how much stoppage was played

would there be such a rule for the stadium announcer not to be allowed to mutter 2 minutes, 2 and a half minutes etc as time elapses? though that would probably be even more irritating than not knowing how much stoppage was played

I think I'll leave you to ask the FA about that one.

As far as I recal there are rules about exactly what the announcer can say. During the game, I am sure that he can only announce the score and the scorer after each goal and then the added minutes as indicated by the 4th-official. He certainly isn't allowed to announce scores or score updates from other games - and I'm fairly sure that they are not now allowed to be displayed on the scoreboard either.

He certainly isn't allowed to announce scores or score updates from other games - and I'm fairly sure that they are not now allowed to be displayed on the scoreboard either.

Something must have been introduced in recent years because they always used to show latest scores on the scoreboard at Filbo whenever there was a lull in play.

i used to like the latest scores coming through on the scoreboard twas more entertaining than the game at times :)

i used to like the latest scores coming through on the scoreboard twas more entertaining than the game at times :)

Being a little kid I used to love all those 'Hi tec' images they put up when we scored, or there was a yellow card.

It sounds stupid to moan about a score board but our current ones are shit.

Something must have been introduced in recent years because they always used to show latest scores on the scoreboard at Filbo whenever there was a lull in play.

Yes, it has been introduced fairly recently - but I don't think the scores were being shown during play right until the end of Filbo. ICBW

Last edited:
Arsenal's match clock used to count down rather than up, do they they still do this at their new stadium?

The clock on the front of their stand used to count down but this was replaced by the clock on the big video screen in the corner which counted up.

Counting down clocks are not now allowed.

i was at the Emirates stadium yesterday and the clock on the big screen counts down and very annoyingly the crowd counted down the last ten seconds in each half of both games

i was at the Emirates stadium yesterday and the clock on the big screen counts down and very annoyingly the crowd counted down the last ten seconds in each half of both games

mmm I'm surprised to hear that. Once I get a reply from the FA or the League, I will ask them about counting-down clocks.

it wasn't long ago that some team got a bollocking for having scores from elsewhere and one of the teams names had been replaced with "Scum" which I thought was quite funny

mmm Once I get a reply from the FA or the League, I will ask them about counting-down clocks.

any news on this as i noticed Villa's clock counted down last night

And the fact that their board refused to register any of our attempts either on or off target until one hit the back of the net.

The clock on the front of their stand used to count down but this was replaced by the clock on the big video screen in the corner which counted up.

Counting down clocks are not now allowed.

At Villa the clock counted down two 45 mins.

Charton's clock actually continued to count into 'added time' - can we report them and have the game replayed?

Got a mealy-mouthed reply from the FA which said they have no rules on the subject. Wasn't able to get any reply from the Premier League of the Football League despite three emails to each of them.

Last edited:
I think I'll leave you to ask the FA about that one.

As far as I recal there are rules about exactly what the announcer can say. During the game, I am sure that he can only announce the score and the scorer after each goal and then the added minutes as indicated by the 4th-official. He certainly isn't allowed to announce scores or score updates from other games - and I'm fairly sure that they are not now allowed to be displayed on the scoreboard either.

But during games the announcer announces things such as "Please can the owner of a .... return to their car immediately" etc.

But during games the announcer announces things such as "Please can the owner of a .... return to their car immediately" etc.

Im pretty sure security messages are allowed such as, "the club carpenter has left the building.":icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669