The spionfox talks to himself "Things that make spionfox happy" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

spionfox

Creative MP3 player purchased at half price.

Bargain.

Re: Things that make you happy

Binatone SatNav - crap name. cheap price, great little SatNav.

Well chuffed.

My wife.

God knows why, but I smile when I think of her.

Saving at least 1p by not bothering at all with Radioheads new CD.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Not tempted by a WankPod then?

Tell you what, I came so close to sending a PM to Matt asking for a few more details. For a while I really wanted one. I went into a shop to see them, I actually held one and desired it but not in a carnal way.

Then I got a Creative MuVo instead.

Thought of the iPod a few hours ago as I was simply dragging and dropping onto the MuVo and realised what a lucky escape I'd had :)

Tell you what, I came so close to sending a PM to Matt asking for a few more details. For a while I really wanted one. I went into a shop to see them, I actually held one and desired it but not in a carnal way.

Then I got a Creative MuVo instead.

Thought of the iPod a few hours ago as I was simply dragging and dropping onto the MuVo and realised what a lucky escape I'd had :)
yes because its pratically impossible to put music onto an ipod.......oh wait you can drag and drop with them aswell!

yes because its pratically impossible to put music onto an ipod.......oh wait you can drag and drop with them aswell!

Seriously? Standard MP3 files? DnD via a Window explorer window without using iTunes?

standard mp3 files-yep just put them in your itunes library then drag and drop them onto the ipod icon

can't vouch for a DnD as i don't what it is? you can drag and drop music files into itunes anyway (whether aac, mp3 or even wma as it will automatically convert it for you) so why would you need to use windows explorer

standard mp3 files-yep just put them in your itunes library then drag and drop them onto the ipod icon

can't vouch for a DnD as i don't what it is? you can drag and drop music files into itunes anyway (whether aac, mp3 or even wma as it will automatically convert it for you) so why would you need to use windows explorer

What if you don't have a Mac or a Windoze PC?
What if it's a work PC that you don't have admin rights on?
What if you just don't want to install iTunes?

BTW, DnD (drag 'n' drop)

I still don't see how dragging and dropping your music on to your MP3 player is easier than having the MP3 player automatically sync when you connect it. :102:

You should have got an iPod!! :icon_lol:

I still don't see how dragging and dropping your music on to your MP3 player is easier than having the MP3 player automatically sync when you connect it. :102:

It's about choice. I personally prefer to use the file explorer of my choice, Konquerer as it goes, not to be forced to install a piece of software that I don't want on my PC or that I may not be able to install.
Plus, you don't need iTunes to auto sync to any other storage device, there's lots of other apps that can do that.

It's about choice. I personally prefer to use the file explorer of my choice, Konquerer as it goes, not to be forced to install a piece of software that I don't want on my PC or that I may not be able to install.
Plus, you don't need iTunes to auto sync to any other storage device, there's lots of other apps that can do that.

Yes, and I chose to install and use iTunes, I have had no problems in the 5 years that I have used it, and like using it as it is very easy to use and does everything that I want it to. I also like using it because of the way it displays the album artwork.

I understand that you may prefer to use a different application for your MP3 player but I don't see why and how you can dislike iTunes/iPods that much. It is not as if it does not do the job(s) that is intended to do like some software and IMO you can't really say that the iPod it is hard to use or ugly.

Yes, and I chose to install and use iTunes, I have had no problems in the 5 years that I have used it, and like using it as it is very easy to use and does everything that I want it to. I also like using it because of the way it displays the album artwork.

Good lad, now you're starting to get it.

I don't see why and how you can dislike iTunes/iPods that much.

Because it is typical of all Apple products, "you will do things how we dictate to you, you do not need to do things how you prefer because the Apple way is the way that you must do things, we know best, you are just a mindless consumer we are genius and you will accept our way of doing things"

Seriously? Standard MP3 files? DnD via a Window explorer window without using iTunes?

Got to use iTunes then.

Sorry, Drag n Drop.

Looking on a few websites it seems you can drag n drop MP3 files onto an iPod but the iPod won't be able to play them unless you go via iTunes. It juts treats them as a data file on a removable hard drive otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool512
2Manchester C  412
3Aston Villa512
4Chelsea510
5Arsenal410
6Newcastle510
7Brighton48
8Fulham58
9Nottm F48