The Talking Balls Book Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
recently started russell brands autobio - my booky wook

Can't stand him myself. I'm currently reading Gangs by Ross Kemp, it's a bit more insight into the series he does. Same gangs just a bit more gory detail. Not really good to read all the way through, but makes good toilet reading to just dip into one gang after another.

Also just read Making Money, the latest one from Pratchet, good read, but not as good as Going Postal

Looking for my next good fix of footy related literature after finishing The 'Miracle Of Castel Di Sangro' and being pages away from completing 'A Season With Verona'

Any ideas?

If you want foreign footy try 'Morbo' about Spanish football. I am reading Calcio which I think is crap so far.

My Dad bought the recent biography of Cloughie by his reporter 'friend'. I'll nick it soon.

I was looking at Calcio but might give it a miss now.

Might just go for one of Tim Parks other titles.

Got a few new bookson the pile to read at the mo. Brethren (Historical Templar based thriller), Do ants have arseholes? (interesting and largely useless questions), Clarkson And another thing (Jezza usual stuff), The Alexander Legacy (Thriller based on some workmen finding Alexander the Greats tomb) and Can a robot be human? (a book on very very basic philosophy)

Finihsed this one. Collection of QOA from Oldgit magazine. Where anyone can ask a question that is generally bloody useless and then people are invitied to write back with the "answers" although generally the "answers" are made up and the writers fictional, but they do have very funny arguments through the letters page and some of the editors notes are also a good laugh. Great dump read.

Now reading Tor! - History of German football.

Did you know the Germans won the 1954 World Cup with amateurs! Their football wasn't professional until 1956.

Whereas the England team are still trying with a bunch of amateurs!

yeah i liked the way the author alternated between the past and present...didnt you say thats the only one of hers youve read??? im going through them got 2 more to read and thats all 6 :)

yeah i liked the way the author alternated between the past and present...didnt you say thats the only one of hers youve read??? im going through them got 2 more to read and thats all 6 :)
Yep, that's the only one.

Just finished "Tricks of the mind" by Derren Brown, the missus has agreed to let me try and hypnotise her. Daft eejit!

is it worth a read?

hoe informative is it?

It's a very good book, he gives a fair bit away, but you can't help when you read it that maybe he isn't giving that much away, he's just using his mind tricks to make you believe you are getting more than you are!

He's a very funny guy aswell

just started joanne lees' no turning back - still think she had something to do with the murder of her boyfriend

Just purchased 'Big Fish' will be reading over the coming weeks.

just finsihed

where_the_hell_is_tuvalu_tcm8-6420.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673