The Talking Balls Book Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Fish 7/10

Not a bad read, didn't take long to get through but was enjoyable.

Look forward to watching the film adaptation.

ive started (for the 3rd time) prozac nation by elizabeth wurtzel its her true story about depression, self harm, suicide attempts and drugs - i think it could take me some time to read this

Are the Jack Higgins books based on the same thing?

Yes, broadly, but most of the books theories tend to suggest seaborn landing attempts that were thwarted at sea, although some also suggest small landings of covert 'behind the lines' troops.

Lee Child - Killing Floor

Only recently heard of this author (yeah, I know) but after only starting this late last night am already tempted enough to buy more Jack Reacher stuff.

Lee Child - Killing Floor

Only recently heard of this author (yeah, I know) but after only starting this late last night am already tempted enough to buy more Jack Reacher stuff.

The Jack Reacher novels are superb, my favourite of that ilk. Read them all - back to back :icon_bigg

ive started (for the 3rd time) prozac nation by elizabeth wurtzel its her true story about depression, self harm, suicide attempts and drugs - i think it could take me some time to read this

thank feck ive finished this, got patricia cornwall's 'trace' lined up next

The Jack Reacher novels are superb, my favourite of that ilk. Read them all - back to back :icon_bigg

Just finished 'One Shot' and about to start 'The Hard Way'.

just finished "Dry Store Room No. 1 - History of the Natural History Museum" quite an interesting read.

Going to try to read now "The Conquest of the Incas", 700 odd pages of Spanish conquest history! Then I'll try to get back into "The Book Thief"

just finished "Dry Store Room No. 1 - History of the Natural History Museum" quite an interesting read.

Going to try to read now "The Conquest of the Incas", 700 odd pages of Spanish conquest history! Then I'll try to get back into "The Book Thief"

Beights if you are in to your history thrillers try brethren by will adams, Im currently reading this and again it is about 700 pages set at the time of the crusades, heaving going but a good read so far.

Finished 'Talk of the town' by Ardal O'Hanlon (Dougal from Father Ted) last night, really enjoyed it, funny and ultimately very dark towards the end.

Superbly paints a picture of small town Irish life, but does seem geared towards an Irish audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669