The Talking Balls Book Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
:icon_lol: No i have a bloke working here who was into all that stuff in the 70's and has "obtained" just about all the books on football violence.in truth i think he just looks at the pictures ;) when he is finished he gives them to me. i have no connection with it but like to read about when they "had it off" :icon_eek: with leicester purely because i can remember the incidents actually happening. i have
burnley,west ham,portsmouth,brum,everton,man utd and others if anyone wants a them FOC :102: :icon_lol:

I'll take Everton and Burnley mate.

The Stoke one is excellent it is called Naughty. I also have one called Terrace Legends if you fancy a swap Lazz ??

image.cache

reading this at the mo, superb it is.
I mainly like amusing travel books, Palin, Tim Moore, tony hawks, bryson etc.even candide (all time favourite book) fits in there I suppose.

reading this at the mo, superb it is.
I mainly like amusing travel books, Palin, Tim Moore, tony hawks, bryson etc.even candide (all time favourite book) fits in there I suppose.
Never read a Bryson book, but I do find him interesting. Which one would you recommend starting with?

I'm trying to find a book that is apparantly only enjoyed by poofters called "The Good Fairies of New York", but I'll be damned if I can find anybody selling it :icon_wink

Last edited:
Never read a Bryson book, but I do find him interesting. Which one would you recommend starting with?

I'm trying to find a book that is apparantly only enjoyed by poofters called "The Good Fairies of New York", but I'll be damned if I can find anybody selling it :icon_wink

there you go shirt lifter....................

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1857020766

or ISBN: 1857020766 Any bookshop should be able to get it for you with the ISBN

Last edited:
any apart from a short history or mother tongue.

feck off......I got over £30 for that book.....:icon_wink

Just finished "Birds without wings" by Louis de Bernieres.

A magnificent historical novel about a small Anatolian community where muslims and Christians haved live harmoniously together for centuries (even swapping bits of each others culture and customs) and how it was devastated by the collapse of the Ottoman empire during the first world war, and the subsequent war between Turks and Greeks.

Wonderful writing, intensely moving, with humour, pathos and horror in equal measure.

Strongly reccommended, a "must read".

Favourite Writer is Nick Hornby, anyone who mentioned Fever Pitch, there is no such storyline, its just about a bloke growing up with football and writing about footie game has he goes along. Nothing like the film.

I finished reading a Joy Division book on the making of Unknown Pleasures.

Now onto Passion Is A Fashion, a biography about The Clash.

You might want to try this:

0571224814.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1120564753_.jpg

Currently being made into a film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472