The Talking Balls Book Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Singth

I love me books. I like to read books on military history (and history in general) and although I read mainly non fiction, I am a fan of Bernard Cornwell and Conn Iguildon. In fact, the Emporer series of books that Iguiden has written are probably the best books I have read.

glyn

Just finished reading Lunar Park by Brett Easton Elis....very good. Didn't really expect to enjoy because I thought his stuff was usually just a little too gratuitous.

Now reading Tony Hawks latest offering...A piano in the pyranees.

The_Lane

I'm reading 'In Watermelon Sugar' and 'Burning Worms' at the moment. 'Burning Worms' is about the solidarity movement in Poland.... but the characters (other then the political types) are fictional.

pds

Just finished reading Lunar Park by Brett Easton Elis....very good. Didn't really expect to enjoy because I thought his stuff was usually just a little too gratuitous.

I have seen some of Hawks books advertised.
Is he in anyway linked tot he famous Skateboarder?

MKFox

Is he in anyway linked tot he famous Skateboarder?
No.
However, he did hit number 1 with a single called stutter rap as part of Morris minor and the majors.

MKFox

what's it like so far Glyn?

I've enjoyed his previous 3, but haven't got round to this one yet.
Reason being, I read a tim moore book recently, spanish steps, about his pilgrimage with a donkey that sounded similar so I wanted a good break between the two.

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
It didn't get to number 1
If I didn't know you better Jeff, I'd argue that it did get to number one.

But experience tells me you already have info at hand to prove otherwise before anybody questions you

glyn

what's it like so far Glyn?

I've enjoyed his previous 3, but haven't got round to this one yet.
Reason being, I read a tim moore book recently, spanish steps, about his pilgrimage with a donkey that sounded similar so I wanted a good break between the two.

Only just started it, but it's made me laugh so far. I loved his first three books although both 'Playing the Moldovans at Tennis' and 'One Hit Wonderland' smacked of doing a stunt just for the book, following the success of Round Ireland with a Fridge.

MKFox

Only just started it, but it's made me laugh so far. I loved his first three books although both 'Playing the Moldovans at Tennis' and 'One Hit Wonderland' smacked of doing a stunt just for the book, following the success of Round Ireland with a Fridge.

Yeah, you're right. A piano in the fecking Pyranees is just a normal holiday.....:icon_wink

MKFox

It didn't get to number 1.
It did in Australia and, although i should check, I'm sure no 1 in a couple of European countries too....

thanks for earlier though jeff, the wife's smiling ear to ear.....:icon_wink

glyn

Yeah, you're right. A piano in the fecking Pyranees is just a normal holiday.....:icon_wink

I haven't quite yet sussed how 'for real' it is. He did buy a house in the Pyranees like 'he'd always wanted to', which is a lot to do just for the sake of a novel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669