The TalkingGonads "Lambert new manager" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheen Fox

Confirmed on Radio (and Wikipedia).

Seems to be an intelligent bloke. Well qualified. Young and ambitious. Successful as a player.
Champions league medal.

I'm pleased

Re: Lambert new manager

I'm pleased

then why the angry face!

not too supprised about this, maybe he's a sleeping giant of a manager, although i somehow doubt it.

dont see why over the last 5 years we've never gone for managers with more age and experience but i suppose we're always trying to 'rebuild'

just like last year milan has rushed into a quite poor appointment, but im ready for him to win my heart if its true he's been appointed

I really really cant take much more of this. We needed a man with lots of experience someone who knows what to do when the chips are down.

I cant quite believe this has happened again.

MON came from wycombe

ITS A SIGN!!!

:icon_lol:

Disappointed if true. But happier than I was this time Yesterday.

I just hope he's a hard bastard and treats our players the way they deserve treating.

Sorry guys, I may have been a bit premature, I don't think it has been confirmed. The radio report was a bit vague and in my over excitment (I've never started a thread before) I pressed the angry button by mistake.

Sorry guys, I may have been a bit premature, I don't think it has been confirmed. The radio report was a bit vague and in my over excitment (I've never started a thread before) I pressed the angry button by mistake.

Radio Leicester?

If he comes in, I fail to see how we've strengthened our chances of getting out of League 1 next season today.

If he comes in, I fail to see how we've strengthened our chances of getting out of League 1 next season today.
By getting rid of Holloway :102:

But like you, I'm not exactly dancing on the ceiling.

Exactly, we'd have been better to keep Ollie.

I am usually all for giving managers a chance but this is stupid. I think Milan just draws names out of a hat.

I read in the Scottish Press yesterday that Lambert is waiting for McGhee to walk out on Motherwell or Heatrs and Motherwell to agree compensation then he will takeover as Manager,the way it was written was like it was a formality but who knows ?:102: I think he'd choose Motherwell over us tbh

By getting rid of Holloway :102:

But like you, I'm not exactly dancing on the ceiling.

I realise our opinions differ on Holloway so I wont labour my point. However I'd rather have a manager with promotion on his CV from this league than not.

Lambert would be a suicidal appointment.

I realise our opinions differ on Holloway so I wont labour my point. However I'd rather have a manager with promotion on his CV from this league than not.

Lambert would be a suicidal appointment.

Why ? I'm not saying it would be great but why suicidal.What gets me is half of them on here don't even know who he is or what he's done but they are moaning about him.

Why ? I'm not saying it would be great but why suicidal.What gets me is half of them on here don't even know who he is or what he's done but they are moaning about him.

Personally I am fully aware of his playing and managerial record. He was a very good player.

He's the wrong sort of manager for what we need now though. He wont be given the time he would need to settle. Accepting the fact that MM wants nothing but an overnight success manager we need someone with experience.

Personally I am fully aware of his playing and managerial record. He was a very good player.

He's the wrong sort of manager for what we need now though. He wont be given the time he would need to settle. Accepting the fact that MM wants nothing but an overnight success manager we need someone with experience.

So who then Peter Reid ? Joe Royle ? All the Managers who fall into that bracket won't come here.I'd rather Have Lambert than the likes of Penney who are on a downward spiral IMO.Newell would be best though but I just can't see it,Cottterill would be ok too..IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669