The thread definitely about City, not Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanefire166

leeds have some (on paper) easy games to come , we need to take things in our own hands and not rely on leeds slipping up
i still think we can finish 5th come on leicester

Leeds v Doncaster, 15:00

Preston v Leeds, 19:45

Leeds v Ipswich, 15:00

Sheff Utd v Leeds, 15:00

Leeds v Nott'm Forest, 12:45

Millwall v Leeds, 15:00

Derby v Leeds, 19:45

Leeds v Watford, 15:00

Leeds v Reading, 19:45

Crystal Palace v Leeds, 15:00

Leeds v Burnley, 15:00

QPR v Leeds, 12:45

Last edited:
Re: leeds final games

and city have some tough ones coming up
QPR v Leicester, 15:00

Leicester v Norwich, 19:45

Scunthorpe v Leicester, 15:00

Leicester v Portsmouth, 15:00

Middlesbrough v Leicester, 15:00

Leicester v Burnley, 15:00

Leicester v Crystal Palace, 19:45

Reading v Leicester, 15:00

Nott'm Forest v Leicester, 17:15

Leicester v Watford, 15:00

Doncaster v Leicester, 15:00

Leicester v Ipswich, 12:45

Last edited:
Re: leeds final games

They also have some difficult ones, their fixtures look no easier than ours really.

Besides, Burnley could get in ahead of either of us.

If you're so good at predicting results why are you not in the Prediction League?? And what's the kick off time got to do with anything?? :102:

Jesus, all we can do is try and win each game. Don't get me wrong, of course I look closely at how Burnley, Leeds and Hull are doing, but the point remains the same. There's no use in getting this bogged down in other teams' results that we have no control over. Making a list like that is just over the top in my opinion.

Last edited:
Jesus, all we can do is try and win each game. Don't get me wrong, of course I look closely at how Burnley, Leeds and Hull are doing, but the point remains the same. There's no use in getting this bogged down in other teams' results that we have no control over. Making a list like that is just over the top in my opinion.

I'm not quite certain that speculation on fans' websites about other teams' fixtures is going to make any difference one way or another. Tell you what I'm not sure that the forum has ultimate control over our own results either.

Basically, Sven has done a fantastic job in getting us into the mix as far as the play offs is concerned - the probability is that too much damage was inflicted by the clueless Sousa for us to clinch 6th place - but we live in hope. Somehow, the team needs to buck the current trend and win at QPR to regain lost momentum.....unlikely but not impossible.

Saying that, it wouldn't surprise me if we do get summat from the QPR and Norwich games, as I can't see either of those sitting behind the balls and playing for a draw. Which will (hopefully!) benefit us and allow us to play some good football in return.

Fingers crossed anyhoo!

Saying that, it wouldn't surprise me if we do get summat from the QPR and Norwich games, as I can't see either of those sitting behind the balls and playing for a draw. Which will (hopefully!) benefit us and allow us to play some good football in return.

Fingers crossed anyhoo!

I think that's true. That's why I have made virtual bets on wins for both us and QPR (thanks to the helpfully misconstructed odds offered).

I do think that our strength is in trying to play attacking football with potential goal scorers coming from all over the place...and our weakness is in a less than robust midfield and defence and potentially dodgy goal keeping

Saying that, it wouldn't surprise me if we do get summat from the QPR and Norwich games, as I can't see either of those sitting behind the balls
It's very difficult for a bloke to sit in front of his balls. Some people can apparently create threads out of a pile of them though.

Jeff, would Football DataCo Ltd have anything to say about this thread?

What do you mean by that?

They are not from a 'balanced book' but each is the best available from a range of bookies.

I don't see how that makes the odds misconstructed.

They are not constructed in the way a bookie would construct them. By taking the best available for each the vbookie punter is at an advantage; I am sure that this is what Redditch meant by helpfully reconstructed.

I don't see how that makes the odds misconstructed.

Well of course they are!

If you take odds from a range of different bookies and the basis is taking the best individual odds available on any particular gamble then you can't construct a 'balanced' set of odds across the options on offer.

Simple!

In this particular case at the risk of a draw - you can cover a potential loss on a venture at attractive odds offered on a Leicester win, by also betting at evens on a QPR win. Not a problem if you are a virtual bookie of course...but if you were actually in business etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669