The thread definitely about City, not Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
****ing hell, you lot will moan and argue about anything!

Is there anything that you all agree on?

if we end up in the play offs come the end of the season, it will be an amazing achievement considering our terrible start under Sousa.
Leeds have tough games, we do, Burnley do, every club in this division does.
as long as we keep winning and focus on getting more clean sheets, we might do it.
i predict 3 points away at QPR this Saturday.
****ING COME ON LEICESTER!!!

In this particular case at the risk of a draw - you can cover a potential loss on a venture at attractive odds offered on a Leicester win, by also betting at evens on a QPR win. Not a problem if you are a virtual bookie of course...but if you were actually in business etc etc.

All that is happening here is that the vbookie's margin is slightly lower than that of a real bookmaker. We can do that due to our lower overheads :icon_wink

The difference between this and a real bookmaker is very small.

You've placed bets of 500 each at evens and 14/5.

That means you have thee possible outcomes:
QPR win, you finish level
A draw, you lose 1,000
A Leicester win, you win 900

At Ladbrokes at the moment you can get evens on QPR, and 11/4 on Leicester.

So if you had the same bet with them the only difference is that you could potentially win 875, instead of 900.

If you think an extra 25 on a 1,000 bet means the odds are "misconstructed" that's up to you, but to me it looks like the difference is so small most people wouldn't even notice it.

Last edited:
All that is happening here is that the vbookie's margin is slightly lower than that of a real bookmaker. We can do that due to our lower overheads :icon_wink

The difference between this and a real bookmaker is very small.

You've placed bets of 500 each at evens and 14/5.

That means you have thee possible outcomes:
QPR win, you finish level
A draw, you lose 1,000
A Leicester win, you win 900

At Ladbrokes at the moment you can get evens on QPR, and 11/4 on Leicester.

So if you had the same bet with them the only difference is that you could potentially win 875, instead of 900.

If you think an extra 25 on a 1,000 bet means the odds are "misconstructed" that's up to you, but to me it looks like the difference is so small most people wouldn't even notice it.

Thanks. I'm impressed.

I don't see how that makes the odds misconstructed.

They are not constructed in the way a bookie would construct them. By taking the best available for each the vbookie punter is at an advantage; I am sure that this is what Redditch meant by helpfully reconstructed.

Well of course they are!

If you take odds from a range of different bookies and the basis is taking the best individual odds available on any particular gamble then you can't construct a 'balanced' set of odds across the options on offer.

Simple!

I knew if I stayed on this forum for long enough, Redditch and I would agree on something.

Good point - well made.
:081:

Anyway, don't think our run-in is particularly more difficult than Leeds' really. Cardiff look like they have the easiest run-in out of the top 10. They don't play another team in the top 10 til 23rd April.

Last_Games_of_the_Season~0.JPG

Last edited:
Anyway, don't think our run-in is particularly more difficult than Leeds' really. Cardiff look like they have the easiest run-in out of the top 10. They don't play another team in the top 10 til 23rd April.

Last_Games_of_the_Season~0.JPG
Scoop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673