They want our every penny!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
fcukcov said:
maybe this could help boc?;)

The third option only of course.;)

No need for that kind of thing here in the Garden of England. I live less than 2 miles from the Pfizer factory that manufactures the stuff. I think it's leaked into the public water supply!
:icon_eek:

bocadillo said:
I think it's leaked into the public water supply!
Why? Your wife's bollox getting bigger?:icon_wink

MKFox said:
Why? Your wife's bollox getting bigger?:icon_wink

eeerrr... no. :102:

bocadillo said:
Money for players? Funding? How many votes do you think they have to register to get enough to fund one player for one day? Remember that they will only be getting a small proportion of the 50p. IMHO it is an inefficient and ill-thought out method of fund raising that will cost the club more than it raises

And do you think all of the team's performances have been satisfactory and that people have nothing to complain about? We pay our money and we have a right to express our opinions.

Really I wouldn't be surprised at all if the whole 50p didn't go to Premium TV and the telecom company.

Leigh said:
Really I wouldn't be surprised at all if the whole 50p didn't go to Premium TV and the telecom company.

it will go to the useless feckin premium tv, commentary is either none existant or they get the players names wrong

bocadillo said:
This poll has been dressed up as a consolation for the fact that the shirts only last one year these days. It is therefore disingenuous of them to charge to take part in it.

I wonder what small proportion of the 50p the club will actually get. Will it compensate them for the large number of fans that think the club is trying to treat them like mugs?

I wouldn't go so far as to say that this is a public relations disaster but it does show that a Club, which claims that it wants to listen to its fans, hasn't really thought things through properly. People are spending vast amounts of money in their support of the club and don't want to pay just to tell them something that they should be able to say for free.

On the other hand it does give the chance for many fans to voice their opinion at a relatively cheap price. :icon_razz :icon_wink

Steven said:
On the other hand it does give the chance for many fans to voice their opinion at a relatively cheap price.

And those without a mobile phone, no voice at all!

bocadillo said:

Become a friend to someone who has a mobile phone. :icon_razz :icon_bigg :icon_wink

bocadillo said:

Im sure with something like 40 million mobiles in britain, the very few lcfc fans that dont have one could slip someone 50p to vote.
How would they find out about the voting if they cant afford a mobile, through the internet (unlikely if they dont own a mobile), through the programme (so they can afford to go the games, 20 quid ticket, 3 quid programme etc) but cant afford a mobile/give someone 50p to vote. Okay they could find out through word of mouth, but these are unlikely to be the fans the club is aiming this at. They are aiming this at people like the posters on here, that want more say in what happens with the club and bother to talk about it most days. As someone on this thread has already pointed out it is very unlikely the club is making any money whatsoever out of this vote. If they were, i would imagine that the text message rate would have to be more like 1 pound.

So saying those that have no mobile do not have a voice at all would be a little harsh. Maybe they shoudl have old fashioned ballott boxes outside the ground?

fcukcov said:
As someone on this thread has already pointed out it is very unlikely the club is making any money whatsoever out of this vote. If they were, i would imagine that the text message rate would have to be more like 1 pound.

Let me get this straight. We pay 50p each and the Football Club get nothing at all. That makes it an even dafter idea than I thought it was in the first place.

I think I'll keep quiet about how daft that makes the people who fall for the scheme - wouldn't want to upset anybody, would I?

The whole subject of replica shirts has been badly handled. We have already seen the product of the one-year strip in the unprecedented early discounting of the price on the current shirt - people really have been put off buying this shirt and they feel that the club tried to take them for a ride. And no as a sop to consultation they come upon a scheme which costs the supporters money but apparently doesn't benefit the club financially. FFS who has these ideas?

Yes, if the club really want people's voices to be heard they should be putting ballot boxes around the ground or finding some way that everybody can be heard.

bocadillo said:
Let me get this straight. We pay 50p each and the Football Club get nothing at all. That makes it an even dafter idea than I thought it was in the first place.

I think I'll keep quiet about how daft that makes the people who fall for the scheme - wouldn't want to upset anybody, would I?

The whole subject of replica shirts has been badly handled. We have already seen the product of the one-year strip in the unprecedented early discounting of the price on the current shirt - people really have been put off buying this shirt and they feel that the club tried to take them for a ride. And no as a sop to consultation they come upon a scheme which costs the supporters money but apparently doesn't benefit the club financially. FFS who has these ideas?

Yes, if the club really want people's voices to be heard they should be putting ballot boxes around the ground or finding some way that everybody can be heard.

Im not saying it is a good scheme, im not saying that a texting only scheme is good idea either. I think that they should cover as many different ways of voting as possible. I dont like the idea that the club isnt getting anything out of it either boc.

One thing , as im sure the foxestrust will point out, is that this club listens to its fans more than a lot of clubs, even if they dont always do it in the correct manner.

Last edited:
bocadillo said:
Let me get this straight. We pay 50p each and the Football Club get nothing at all.

I'd be surprised if that's what's happening, I can easily set up a similar SMS poll myself, and for each 50p text I'd receive between 22p and 29p (depending on the mobile network). I'm sure an organisation like LCFC would be able to negotiate a better percentage than that.

The only reason I can think of to run it as a text vote is to make some money, so it doesn't make sense to do it if they're getting nothing from it.

They regularly have text competitions on the website with prizes like signed shirts - something similar is happening with the new shirt thing, and I have no problems with that if it's just a prize draw. But if they're serious about getting the opinion of supporters they shouldn't expect people to pay to do it.

Amazing!

The club decide to involve the fans in choosing their next 1st team shirt, an exercise that seems fairly unique, and get slaughtered for it.

I for one think they should be applauded for this, even if they are covering their costs or making some money in the process.

All successful football clubs are run on a sound commercial footing with numerous revenue streams, to generate the finance to reinvest in the club.

What are they supposed to do send everyone a ballot form in a stamped addressed envolope and lose money in the process?

1966 said:
Amazing!

The club decide to involve the fans in choosing their next 1st team shirt, an exercise that seems fairly unique, and get slaughtered for it.

I for one think they should be applauded for this, even if they are covering their costs or making some money in the process.

All successful football clubs are run on a sound commercial footing with numerous revenue streams, to generate the finance to reinvest in the club.

What are they supposed to do send everyone a ballot form in a stamped addressed envolope and lose money in the process?

It is nowhere near unique for supporters to be involved in the design and choice of the next season's strip - and it's not possible to be 'fairly unique'!!

There is nothing wrong with introducing and maintaining revenue streams - but they should never be part of a consultation scheme.

1966 said:

It doesn't really indicate that the club actually cares what we think, if we have to pay for the right to say it.

Feriol said:
It doesn't really indicate that the club actually cares what we think, if we have to pay for the right to say it.

Its fecking 50p that if enough people vote might pay a days wages to one of the show ponies sat on the bench at the moment.

Its hardly taking a mortgage out to have a major say in the running of the club, its a twee competition designed for those of an arty persuasion to get the felt tips and crayons out and to make some money for the club.

Moaning leicester fans - never happy.

To be quite honest with you, I can't see what people are getting worked up about. I won't be voting, not because of the cost, but because I really can't be bothered. However, those that object to the 50p charge, here is some simple advice - don't vote. As for a public relations disaster I think that is overstating things somewhat - I thought the word disaster normally attached to rather more importants things like earthquaqes, etc., not a 50p charge, some of which will go to the club we support, and nobody is forcing them to ring the number. As for the yearly cycle, this has been discussed at length before. Again, nobody is forcing people to buy the shirt, and the club presumably have done their sums and have come to the conclusion that it will raise more funds for the club we support. Again some simple advice for those who think it's a rip-off - don't buy the damned thing.

Right, I'll get off my high horse now!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611