They want our every penny!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Sharapova said:
here is some simple advice - don't vote.

Again some simple advice for those who think it's a rip-off - don't buy the damned thing.

Right, I'll get off my high horse now!

I Wont be voting. i will probably buy a shirt if the design was nice enough to enable its use, other than match days.

Here is some simple advice for those who think having and sharing an opinion is a problem - Dont come to 'forums'

Real Sharapova said:
Ouch!:icon_wink :icon_wink

I Don't mean any offence mate, but you seem more bothered by people commenting negatively than i do about the 50p. :)

Real Sharapova said:
As for a public relations disaster I think that is overstating things somewhat

If you were to look back, you would find that the words used were, "I wouldn't go so far as to say that this is a public relations disaster but..."

Real Sharapova said:
To be quite honest with you, I can't see what people are getting worked up about. I won't be voting, not because of the cost, but because I really can't be bothered. However, those that object to the 50p charge, here is some simple advice - don't vote. As for a public relations disaster I think that is overstating things somewhat - I thought the word disaster normally attached to rather more importants things like earthquaqes, etc., not a 50p charge, some of which will go to the club we support, and nobody is forcing them to ring the number. As for the yearly cycle, this has been discussed at length before. Again, nobody is forcing people to buy the shirt, and the club presumably have done their sums and have come to the conclusion that it will raise more funds for the club we support. Again some simple advice for those who think it's a rip-off - don't buy the damned thing.

Right, I'll get off my high horse now!

Spot on :023:

I won't be voting or buying a shirt. If I was interested, I'd maybe vote, and if I liked to wear football shirts, I'd maybe buy one. But I'm not interested in either, so I simply won't get involved.

I'm not offended by my inclusion or exclusion on whatever grounds I could care to dream up - such as living on the other side of the world for example, or, laughably, a perceived inablility to get access to a mobile phone.... in 2005.... come off it!!!

It's a pretty straightforward situation really. I just hope they can raise some extra revenue for our club - that's what interests me.

bocadillo said:
If you were to look back, you would find that the words used were, "I wouldn't go so far as to say that this is a public relations disaster but..."
Pedant! But by implication your were saying it's not far off a public relations disaster.

Real Sharapova said:
Pedant! But by implication your were saying it's not far off a public relations disaster.

Ah!! So the truth is now no more than a petty detail? How could I imply the exact opposite of what I wrote?
:confused:

bocadillo said:
Ah!! So the truth is now no more than a petty detail? How could I imply the exact opposite of what I wrote?
:confused:
I didn't get the impression of the exact opposite, but that's me being thick, I suppose.:icon_conf

Real Sharapova said:
I didn't get the impression of the exact opposite, but that's me being thick, I suppose.:icon_conf

Ah yes, I see what you mean. No, not the exact opposite - but who's being the pedant now?

I suppose I could have got away with absolute opposite - in that it is either a disaster or it isn't. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69