They're talking about us

Exceptionally important moment in our history. I remember feeling physically sick when that Deeney goal went in. I don't think I've ever gone from such a high of winning that penalty to such a low so quickly. At the final whistle, I ran the full mile back to the station where people still didn't know what had happened. The train journey home was about an hour, but felt like 5.

But without it, we'd have never won the whole thing and weirdly, I can almost look back on the day with some satisfaction.

The squad wasn't ready for the Premier League. Probably Nigel and the coaching team too.

Exceptionally important moment in our history. I remember feeling physically sick when that Deeney goal went in. I don't think I've ever gone from such a high of winning that penalty to such a low so quickly. At the final whistle, I ran the full mile back to the station where people still didn't know what had happened. The train journey home was about an hour, but felt like 5.

But without it, we'd have never won the whole thing and weirdly, I can almost look back on the day with some satisfaction.

The squad wasn't ready for the Premier League. Probably Nigel and the coaching team too.
Same here, didn't have a beer after the game as I always due, just went home in the biggest strop possible!

A true blessing in disguise.

For us, sure. One step back, one hundred steps forward. Looking back with the pain now long gone, Watford did finish the season nine points ahead of us and they did the double over us. So, maybe it was fair enough.

We also screwed two other clubs up that season. Firstly, our final day win at Notts Forest knocked them out of the play offs ensuring that they'd be kept away from the Premier League for the forseeable. Secondly, we pipped Bolton to the final play off place only on goal difference. Their trajectory since missing out so narrowly demonstrates how fickle the game can be.

It's still extraordinary to me that we went into both play off games with both Kane and Vardy on the bench. And on neither occasion, did our greatest striker get onto the pitch. In fact, he'd only scored once since September so we were hardly urging him to come on. Kane only managed two goals in fifteen appearances.

1589300890460.png1589300947043.png
1589300968552.png

Attachments

• 1589300919029.png
    1589300919029.png
    126.3 KB · Views: 2
For us, sure. One step back, one hundred steps forward. Looking back with the pain now long gone, Watford did finish the season nine points ahead of us and they did the double over us. So, maybe it was fair enough.

We also screwed two other clubs up that season. Firstly, our final day win at Notts Forest knocked them out of the play offs ensuring that they'd be kept away from the Premier League for the forseeable. Secondly, we pipped Bolton to the final play off place only on goal difference. Their trajectory since missing out so narrowly demonstrates how fickle the game can be.

It's still extraordinary to me that we went into both play off games with both Kane and Vardy on the bench. And on neither occasion, did our greatest striker get onto the pitch. In fact, he'd only scored once since September so we were hardly urging him to come on. Kane only managed two goals in fifteen appearances.

View attachment 15254View attachment 15256
View attachment 15257

Kane couldn't trap a ball when he played for us. The improvement to the next season is nicely summed up by my facey status at the time. When we got that pen I felt so much confusion.....he dived. Did I want our promotion to be soured or want to win on merit if he misses? Genuinely the first time we've not scored a pen and my reaction wasn't feeling gutted.......I felt gutted not long after obviously.

20200512_185309.jpg

Kane couldn't trap a ball when he played for us. The improvement to the next season is nicely summed up by my facey status at the time. When we got that pen I felt so much confusion.....he dived. Did I want our promotion to be soured or want to win on merit if he misses? Genuinely the first time we've not scored a pen and my reaction wasn't feeling gutted.......I felt gutted not long after obviously.

View attachment 15258
Kane wasn't helped by Pearson for some weird reason deciding he should play on the left of a 433

Kane wasn't helped by Pearson for some weird reason deciding he should play on the left of a 433

Totally agree. he also played Vardy out of position on the basis of pace. Every day was learning for Nige and fortunately the right decisions were made at the right time. I remember Newcastle away in our first season back in the prem and Albrighton being wasted....

Totally agree. he also played Vardy out of position on the basis of pace. Every day was learning for Nige and fortunately the right decisions were made at the right time. I remember Newcastle away in our first season back in the prem and Albrighton being wasted....
Never knew he was on drugs!

I felt so low about football for weeks after that game though. Couldn’t stomach thinking about it all summer. In my head I was going to Wembley as soon as we won that penalty.

Then I remember we were driving back from Cornwall, listening to the radio, and we came from behind to beat Middlesbrough on opening day, with Vardy scoring (I remember thinking Vardy’s playing??), and all the foolish optimism came back. And as has been said, we never looked back, Vardy learnt how to play at a higher level, we signed Mahrez etc etc.

New Kit apparently!!

So many ads on that site my browser crashed.

So here's the tweet they got it from.

that would be a great design, probably not likely though

The reason you know it won't be our shirt.

It's easy to discount the made the made up ones because more often than not they are the ones the fans like.

We'll get another standard Adidas training top with a £60 KP transfer on it.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854